Strut has no attachment points?

Hey guys,

I've tried to attach the mini plane to the probe decoupler (the mini black circle on the probodobodyne) but it seems like there is no way to do that since somehow the only attaching points are on the probe.

Even when i attach a strut to the mini plane I cant attach it to the decoupler... why is that ? :|

P.S. I did build the probe first to test if it works like i wanted to and then Re-rooted

Here a image: https://imgur.com/a/lSz8Mku

Edited by NiiTr0G3n

4 minutes ago, NiiTr0G3n said:

Hey guys,

I've tried to attach the mini plane to the probe decoupler (the mini black circle on the probodobodyne) but it seems like there is no way to do that since somehow the only attaching points are on the probe.

Even when i attach a strut to the mini plane I cant attach it to the decoupler... why is that ? :|

P.S. I did build the probe first to test if it works like i wanted to and then Re-rooted

Here a image: https://imgur.com/a/lSz8Mku

are you trying to attach struts between the bottom craft and the ghosted craft parts above it in your picture?

If that's the case, you won't be able to do it that way. Struts can only attach between parts of the same craft. Since the parts floating above aren't part of the craft you can't strut to them. if you want to make the parts look separated with only the struts connecting them, attached the ghosted part to your decoupler, then use the offset tool to move the ghosted parts up - they're still attached to the decoupler, but will appear suspended some distance above it. Then you'll be able to attach the struts

20 minutes ago, Tyko said:

are you trying to attach struts between the bottom craft and the ghosted craft parts above it in your picture?

If that's the case, you won't be able to do it that way. Struts can only attach between parts of the same craft. Since the parts floating above aren't part of the craft you can't strut to them. if you want to make the parts look separated with only the struts connecting them, attached the ghosted part to your decoupler, then use the offset tool to move the ghosted parts up - they're still attached to the decoupler, but will appear suspended some distance above it. Then you'll be able to attach the struts

Well I'm actually just trying to somehow connect the ghosted plane to the rocket and then put a fairing outside, i just thought it would work if i put a strut on the ghosted parts to connect them but that didnt work as well

I added some more pics so u get what i mean :D https://imgur.com/a/lSz8Mku

Edit: I just want to put it sideways so the fairing is more aerodynamic

Edited by NiiTr0G3n

Well, I'm lacking some time to explain it to you, but this might solve your problem:

• Place the ghost part horizontally on the probe core
  • Re-root the whole craft so the small cubic strut at the bottom of the ghost part (which is no longer a ghost part at this time) becomes your new root part
  • This should allow you to pick up the probe core and everything below, rotate it by 90° and connect it with the small cubic strut.
  • Re-root the whole craft again so the probecore becomes your root part
  • Rotate the whole craft by 90°
  • done ;)

Welcome to the forums.

What you are trying to do is a little bit tricky. So, here are a couple of things:

You do not want any extra bits attached to your mini-plane. And you are trying to attach the side of your mini-plane to the top of the probe core. Which means that the thing you need on top of your probe core will be a radial decoupler.

Another thing that you need to know is that the ghosted subassembly (your mini-plane) has its own root part. And that part is the only thing on your mini-plane that you can use to attach to something else (like the decoupler).

So the final thing you need to know is that you can use the reroot tool on ghosted subassemblies.

So the steps are going to be: attach a radial decoupler to the top of your probe core. Click the reroot tool. Click your ghosted mini-plane. Click the part (a fuel tank? It's hard to see) that you will be attaching to the radial decoupler. Drag the mini-plane over until that part is touching the radial decoupler, and it should stick on. Then remove any extra bits that you have on your mini-plane -- I think I see a cubic octag stuck on there? Then tweak everything until the placement is perfect.

36 minutes ago, bewing said:

Click the reroot tool. Click your ghosted mini-plane. Click the part (a fuel tank? It's hard to see) that you will be attaching to the radial decoupler.

Yeah the problem just is that with reroot I can't click the part (turbine) to attach it. I just can click on the Probe of the mini-plane itself or on the parachute of it :/

Added the Image down https://imgur.com/a/lSz8Mku

It just won't attach to the decoupler no matter what :(

Edited by NiiTr0G3n

You're not allowed to radially attach to the turbine. You can only radially attach to the fuel tank that's in front of the turbine. There should be a lot more parts on your mini-plane that you can select with the reroot tool than you say, though.

There is a possibility that one of your mods is blocking it from working correctly, though.

i still don't know how to attach the plane to the rocket.. not even the fuel tank wants to attach... i tried almost everything i think... 

well i just rebuilt the plane with the fuel tank plus turbine and air intake already attached to the decoupler, this way it works.

but i still wan't to know how it is possible to first build a drone/satellite or whatever and then just attach the part from the drone/satellite that you want to the decoupler :huh::confused:

P.S. But thank you for all the solution proposals :D

Edited by NiiTr0G3n

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.