Export contracts to file

GeneCash

Is there a mod that will export the contract info to a file?

I'm looking for what the "contracts" button gives you, with all the fiddly bits expanded, written out to a file that I can pull up in an editor or a browser.

It'd stop having to resize the window. expand the bits to see the required orbits, and do all the scrolling through, time after time. Plus the bits collapse back down all the time.

It'd be *really* nice to also have the contracts you've completed, and the currently offered contracts too.

It wouldn't even need a UI, if it did the export every time you exited the Mission Control building.

I was writing a Python script to extract this from the SFS file, when I realized it's a nightmare, and the game has all the code to do it correctly, so it needs to be a mod.

If there isn't a mod... is there a mod I could look at to see how to access the contract data structures? I haven't ever written a mod.

There's a couple of mods that enlarge the Contracts window, as well as Contract Configurator to try and write your own contracts; the latter hasn't been updated to 1.5.x yet so has some issues.

Not that I've tried tinkering with the back end at all, but I think @DMagic's ContractsWindow and CapCom might be the best starting point because they provide a couple of breakout dependencies designed specifically to get information from the Contracts stack in-game. No point recoding the wheel if you don't have to!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.