BD Armory, AI uses Guns but doesnt fire missles.

I've been playing BD armory, Creating war-machines, testing them and they work. But I've decided to create an aircraft that will dogfight another one of its-self. When I did, I put four Side-winder missiles onto it and they did not fire, Thought it was a bug with the sidewinders and tried another, radar guided missile this time. Same again. I've now found that all of my aircraft are able to use the guns (50. cals, Gau, Vulcan, etc) But not missiles. The only thing that might be suspicious is that when the aircraft is in competition (or guard mode) they switch to "Un-named" Could that be it? I've watched all the tutorials, read the wiki and placed everything right (Weapon managers, Ai flight computers and even modular missile guidance.) Is there something else like a tracker that I'm missing? I have no idea why the AI cannot fire missiles.

Edited by dinostar1210111

10 hours ago, dinostar1210111 said:

I've been playing BD armory, Creating war-machines, testing them and they work. But I've decided to create an aircraft that will dogfight another one of its-self. When I did, I put four Side-winder missiles onto it and they did not fire, Thought it was a bug with the sidewinders and tried another, radar guided missile this time. Same again. I've now found that all of my aircraft are able to use the guns (50. cals, Gau, Vulcan, etc) But not missiles. The only thing that might be suspicious is that when the aircraft is in competition (or guard mode) they switch to "Un-named" Could that be it? I've watched all the tutorials, read the wiki and placed everything right (Weapon managers, Ai flight computers and even modular missile guidance.) Is there something else like a tracker that I'm missing? I have no idea why the AI cannot fire missiles.

You placed a missile module manager. DO NOT USE IT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. The AI treated your plane as a missile and attempted to slam it into the enemy.

17 hours ago, Xd the great said:

You placed a missile module manager. DO NOT USE IT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. The AI treated your plane as a missile and attempted to slam it into the enemy.

No...They attempted to dogfight with guns, Evading, etc. When I placed one on the ground and one in the air and set the one in the air to attack the enemy it did not slam into the plane on the ground, Even if I remove the Missile module manager the AI does not fire missiles and behaves the same when it does have it.

The AI will only fire missiles if the missiles are the better option.  So if the target is out of gun range (about 1km) it will switch to missiles.   You can adjust your AI pilot settings in the VAB/SPH for what they use and when.  

8 hours ago, dinostar1210111 said:

No...They attempted to dogfight with guns, Evading, etc. When I placed one on the ground and one in the air and set the one in the air to attack the enemy it did not slam into the plane on the ground, Even if I remove the Missile module manager the AI does not fire missiles and behaves the same when it does have it.

Check the missile settings. Are they meant to engage the ground? Can they lock onto the heat source/radar signal? Can the radar lock on them?

On 11/30/2018 at 3:52 PM, Hodo said:

The AI will only fire missiles if the missiles are the better option.  So if the target is out of gun range (about 1km) it will switch to missiles.   You can adjust your AI pilot settings in the VAB/SPH for what they use and when.  

I know. I set my pilots to fight when they are over 8km away.  They don't start before 8km has been passed.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:38 AM, Xd the great said:

Check the missile settings. Are they meant to engage the ground? Can they lock onto the heat source/radar signal? Can the radar lock on them?

On 12/1/2018 at 1:36 AM, Xd the great said:

Also: can you try to have the planes in bdac (located in the folders "craft") fight in air?

The missiles are heat-seeking side-winders, at-least they were. I've replaced them with every missile in the mod and they don't work. And yes, they have fought in the air and used only the 50.cals i gave them.

3 hours ago, dinostar1210111 said:

I know. I set my pilots to fight when they are over 8km away.  They don't start before 8km has been passed.

The missiles are heat-seeking side-winders, at-least they were. I've replaced them with every missile in the mod and they don't work. And yes, they have fought in the air and used only the 50.cals i gave them.

Can you right click on the missile and see if they will engage air?

Can you check the weapons manager and see if the guns are set to engage at 500, missiles per target is set to something>0, burst length and firing interval is 60 and 1?

Can you check that missiles mounted in bays are set to be in a bay?

Did you mount missiles on rails?

What are the min/max engagement eange of missiles?

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

Can you right click on the missile and see if they will engage air?

Can you check the weapons manager and see if the guns are set to engage at 500, missiles per target is set to something>0, burst length and firing interval is 60 and 1?

Can you check that missiles mounted in bays are set to be in a bay?

Did you mount missiles on rails?

What are the min/max engagement eange of missiles?

The Missiles will engage air, Weapon managers are set to the setting you said, Both missiles are not in bays, Missiles are on rails and i can fire them if i controll the craft. It's min is 500 and max is 15000. I just set them to 5000 and both ai did not fire their missiles and used guns.

5 hours ago, dinostar1210111 said:

The Missiles will engage air, Weapon managers are set to the setting you said, Both missiles are not in bays, Missiles are on rails and i can fire them if i controll the craft. It's min is 500 and max is 15000. I just set them to 5000 and both ai did not fire their missiles and used guns.

what is the gun range on weapons manager? Also, try not to reduce the range of the missile.

On 12/3/2018 at 5:56 AM, Xd the great said:

what is the gun range on weapons manager? Also, try not to reduce the range of the missile.

Guns are set to 500, And i did not reduce the range of the missles, by "i set them to 5000" i meant i set the distance the aircraft have to go before going to attack eachother.

1 hour ago, dinostar1210111 said:

Guns are set to 500, And i did not reduce the range of the missles, by "i set them to 5000" i meant i set the distance the aircraft have to go before going to attack eachother.

1. Can you upload your craft to kerbalx and paste the link here?

2. Can you test with bdac stock planes?

On 12/4/2018 at 10:47 PM, Xd the great said:

1. Can you upload your craft to kerbalx and paste the link here?

2. Can you test with bdac stock planes?

On 12/5/2018 at 5:57 PM, Hodo said:

Final question, do you have a radar on the aircraft?  

Sorry for the long reply, I have school mock exams and have been focusing on them.

I wouldn't know how to upload planes to KerbalX and again, I don't know what bdac stock planes are as I am new to BdArmory.

Yes, I do have Radar on the aircraft, although the Side-winders I have on the aircraft is heat-seeking.

4 hours ago, dinostar1210111 said:

Sorry for the long reply, I have school mock exams and have been focusing on them.

I wouldn't know how to upload planes to KerbalX and again, I don't know what bdac stock planes are as I am new to BdArmory.

Yes, I do have Radar on the aircraft, although the Side-winders I have on the aircraft is heat-seeking.

Stock craft will be found on the craft files in the bdac file.

You can go to kerbalx.com to see how to use it.

11 hours ago, dinostar1210111 said:

Ok in the AI settings for BDArmory what do you have the settings for it?  

Like what is the gun engagement range?  What is the firing interval, what is the number of missiles per target settings?  

I tested the other night with 5 of my own aircraft to see if there is a bug in the system, mind you I am still using 1.43KSP.   But I found when the aircraft were about 15km apart they would use AIM-120s first then when they got close 5km+/- they would use AIM-9s, inside of 2.5km they would switch to guns.   But I shortened that to 2km.  

On 12/13/2018 at 11:11 AM, dinostar1210111 said:

Try removing all guns on the craft.

On 12/13/2018 at 8:11 AM, Xd the great said:

Stock craft will be found on the craft files in the bdac file.

You can go to kerbalx.com to see how to use it.

10 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Try removing all guns on the craft.

Used the Bdac stock AA plane and it used the AIM-120s only...Maybe I have a bug with every other missile apart from the AIM-120? I'll try that next (And i have removed all the guns but that doesnt seem to work)

8 hours ago, dinostar1210111 said:

Used the Bdac stock AA plane and it used the AIM-120s only...Maybe I have a bug with every other missile apart from the AIM-120? I'll try that next (And i have removed all the guns but that doesnt seem to work)

Nice, now try removing the guns on the stock bdac AA plane.

Or try redownloading the mod.

Also, which version of the game, module manager, PRE and bdac are you using?

On 12/14/2018 at 11:01 PM, dinostar1210111 said:

Also, do remember that each missile has its own guidance. Aim 9 is a heat seeker, you need a heat source to fire, harm missiles are anti radiation missiles. They blow up radars locked onto your plane.

Laser and gps missiles DO NOT work against planes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.