Weird vessel focus change - help me please

I was just preparing my rocket and fixing the TWR of less than 1 with the help of KER (Kerbal Engineer Redux). I pressed "Launch". Then, I clicked the speed on top of my navball and changed to 'Orbit Velocity'. I turned on SAS (note: I haven't lifted off the ground yet). Just then, I realised that the button for changing SAS modes is gone (the one like "Stability Control", "Prograde", "Retrograde", etc.)

So, I thought that reverting to launch would help... and the problem has just begun.

I focused on a debris vessel, which should obliterate ages ago. I saw the periapsis was a low 21km(if I'm not mistaken). It should have been burnt up or crashed before I had even launched my newest rocket!

I don't know what's causing it, but here is the list of mods I had:

- KER

-Hyperedit

-Better Time Warp (didn't work for me)

-ClickThroughBlocker

-ToolbarController

-VesselMover

-Landing Height

-Making History Expansion

Note: I might have forgotten to write some mods in here... And I said "might", not "have"

Edited by Adjie
i don't remember the exact Pe

On 12/7/2018 at 6:25 AM, Xd the great said:

If I remmeber correctly, a debris will be removed only if its PE is lower than 20km. 

According to https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Debris

it says that it will remove it at 0.1 atm pressure, at 23km on Kerbin's orbit.

It also says it can be removed/recovered using Tracking Station, but I can't see my debris in Tracking Station.

2 minutes ago, Adjie said:

it will remove it at 0.1 atm pressure

The first "it" meant the game.

Weird. @Adjie

Did you check for incompatible mods?

Does your rocket have electricity/connection?

Is it a corrupted save? I.e. start a new save and test, and see if the problem persists?

Is it a corrupted ship? I.e. build another rocket and see if the problem persists?

Finally, i use all the mods you use except landing height and KER. Did you install module manager?

And remove the not working mods.

On 12/8/2018 at 4:52 PM, Xd the great said:

Weird. @Adjie

Did you check for incompatible mods?

Does your rocket have electricity/connection?

Is it a corrupted save? I.e. start a new save and test, and see if the problem persists?

Is it a corrupted ship? I.e. build another rocket and see if the problem persists?

Finally, i use all the mods you use except landing height and KER. Did you install module manager?

And remove the not working mods.

1. The list of mods that are not working for me:

BetterTimeWarp

Hangar Extender (just installed)

2. The rocket HAS electricity, connection AND kerbals inside.

3. Well, I didn't use any savefiles. Just used the "persistent" savefile.

4. The mods used for the rocket is just the stock game, KER, and Making History Expansion. Everything else is just in case.

5. I didn't install Module Manager.

By the way, I can see the debris list if I use Hyperedit instead of the normal Tracking Station.

Also when I built another rocket, since then, I've never had a problem like that ever again.

Note : I haven't deleted the not working mods.

Sorry I didn't use any pictures, logs, etc. to visualize it.

2 hours ago, Adjie said:

1. The list of mods that are not working for me:

BetterTimeWarp

Hangar Extender (just installed)

2. The rocket HAS electricity, connection AND kerbals inside.

3. Well, I didn't use any savefiles. Just used the "persistent" savefile.

4. The mods used for the rocket is just the stock game, KER, and Making History Expansion. Everything else is just in case.

5. I didn't install Module Manager.

By the way, I can see the debris list if I use Hyperedit instead of the normal Tracking Station.

Also when I built another rocket, since then, I've never had a problem like that ever again.

Note : I haven't deleted the not working mods.

Sorry I didn't use any pictures, logs, etc. to visualize it.

Install module manager.

On 12/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, Xd the great said:

Install module manager.

Done. I already told you that the problem stopped:

On 12/13/2018 at 12:37 PM, Adjie said:

I'm not from the US, so I might answer it at (your perspective) midnight or something.

18 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Sounds like a corrupted rocket.

Yes, I think not fully corrupted. It can fly pretty well, all the parts are working. I don't know why it's partially corrupted and not fully corrupted.

Also, can you please help with the SAS modes disappearing? I ever had a probe orbiting Duna, sending Science stuff to KSP using the Communutron 88 (spelling might be wrong). It ran out of electricity, so I waited until it's done transmitting. Then, I turned on SAS but the modes didn't show up. From that point on, SAS is completely pointless but it doesn't work only on that vessel. I had full electricity, communication with Kerbin, and all that stuff that should make me enable SAS. If this is a bug, I hope Squad fixes it.

23 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Can you do more tests?

Okay. Now I found out why I can't see the debris in Tracking Station. It was because I didn't turn on the visibility for debris. But I just don't know why the focus is changed.

My theory:

Somehow, the rocket became corrupted until it can't load itself, so it tries to focus to the nearest vessel. Lucky enough, that debris was the closest. Then, the game keeps the information to just load that vessel every time the rocket gets corrupted.

(Note : It's just what I think going on.)

Also, I forgot that it actually had the Periapsis of 28km and not 21km. At least the difference was not 50km...

Thankfully, that debris already has the parachute armed. So, I switched to it and thankfully, the parachute does not need any vessel control to open up. I just knew it was a Drogue parachute so the bottom engine just exploded. At least not the whole thing exploded and I recovered it.

Did you know? The debris was there for 6 kerbal years.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.