BDA Missiles not working?

Hi from your chosen selection of weapons  only the AIM 120 is likely to fire and is suitable fro ground to air use . However this depends completely on the design of the craft,  you appear too have some arrangement of missile rails , each missile has a maximum off bore sight region in which it can fire, if the target is outside this  then it simply cannot be fired by the AI,  for good reason, if the AI  did fire  at an extreme angle there's a better than even chance that the missile would not make the turn to the target and therefore be wasted. Add to that , from your images  the aircraft is approaching from behind the target, at an altitude that means it'll never come into that off bore sight area, then it's not going to work

On 1/2/2019 at 7:42 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi from your chosen selection of weapons  only the AIM 120 is likely to fire and is suitable fro ground to air use . However this depends completely on the design of the craft,  you appear too have some arrangement of missile rails , each missile has a maximum off bore sight region in which it can fire, if the target is outside this  then it simply cannot be fired by the AI,  for good reason, if the AI  did fire  at an extreme angle there's a better than even chance that the missile would not make the turn to the target and therefore be wasted. Add to that , from your images  the aircraft is approaching from behind the target, at an altitude that means it'll never come into that off bore sight area, then it's not going to work

Also the jernas turret dose not turn when guard mode fires missiles from it 

Hi , i've just run some( half a dozen or more)  tests using the Jernas turret  and aim 120's  Using only the built in Jernas radar the missile turret behaved correctly , tracking locking and firing on the target as expected .

I did not notice anything untoward, which leaves me to believe you have an issue with your  creation or your game.  Ensure that missiles are set to decouple forward when using a missile turret, most  radar guided Air to air missiles will work  as  ground launched. Heat seekers and Harms  are  not very good unless specifically configured for ground to air.  Also make sure the weap has enough EC available , low EC or no EC will produce poor results

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi , i've just run some( half a dozen or more)  tests using the Jernas turret  and aim 120's  Using only the built in Jernas radar the missile turret behaved correctly , tracking locking and firing on the target as expected .

I did not notice anything untoward, which leaves me to believe you have an issue with your  creation or your game.  Ensure that missiles are set to decouple forward when using a missile turret, most  radar guided Air to air missiles will work  as  ground launched. Heat seekers and Harms  are  not very good unless specifically configured for ground to air.  Also make sure the weap has enough EC available , low EC or no EC will produce poor results

Wot does ec mean?

how do I configure the missile properly 

also im in 1.2.2

Just now, Calster804 said:

also im in 1.2.2

KSP 1.2.2 ? if so  there's not a lot that can be done for obsolete versions of KSP  and at that time BDA was in a bad place, BahaD  had just quit and the mod was in need of some serious work  (and IIRC all KSP versions from 1- 2..blergh where pretty buggy, if you must run older KSP run a good one not a naff one.   KSP 131 for example is certainly the standout as far as stability goes )

Just now, Calster804 said:

how do I configure the missile properly 

Experience and practice

4 minutes ago, Calster804 said:

Wot does ec mean?

Electric charge, note at end of video  a screen message pops, thats because i didnt turn the switch on the  generator on the test base

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.