TheRollingApple

Blackscreen when i try to launch KSP

Question

I have freshly installed KSP via steam and tried to reinstall it a few times but with no effect. After launching KSP a black window with a cursor pops up. It  appears as KSP is starting up corectly. After a while the start menu song starts playing. there is just no graphics. The log confirms my claim.

Log:

https://pastebin.com/4sGjkYnr

sorry for my bad english...

Edited by TheRollingApple

8 answers to this question

gMk3CBW.jpg

you can’t force dx11, dx9, and OpenGL at the same time 

that’s what I’m assuming you are trying to do, anyway.

Edited by Galileo

28 minutes ago, TheRollingApple said:

Thank you for your reply!

How can i fix that? I am not very good at software...

Right click the game in your steam libraby -> properties. This will open a window with a button 'set start options' or similar (my interface is not english so I have to guess :P). Click on it, delete everything that is inside of the text field and apply the changes. Done :)

2 hours ago, TheRollingApple said:

Thank you for your reply!

My box seems to be empty already:/

I see.

How do you launch the game? Through steam, desktop shortcut or direct the KSP_x64.exe?
These parameters are usually applied through steam (which seem not to be the case here) or a shortcut, but I have the gut feeling you start the game through steam because the the steam controller addon is loaded. So, try to launch the game directly by the KSP_64.exe and check if it works.

Also, you should actually know that you have added these parameters at some point, so I have to assume that these are not added by you but some wonky software in the background. On the other hand, these are some very specific commands though... it is pretty odd so far.

4 hours ago, TheRollingApple said:

Hmmm, I've tried launching it through KSP_64.exe and it still didn't work. And I've tried it through the launcher but the launcher is black too....

The launcher is broken for a long time anyway, let's ignore it ;)

I'm a bit puzzled here...

I'm curious though: What happens if you actually adds a valid parameter on your own? Can you open the steam properties again and add a single paramter there?
Please add "-single-instance" (without the quotationmarks) as a startup parameter in steam and launch the game through steam as well. Then upload the new log or enjoy the game, depending on the result^^

Hmmm, I've tried launching it through KSP_64.exe and it still didn't work. And I've tried it through the launcher but the launcher is black too....