Confused about mechjeb automatically showing up on all command cores

Fergrim

In career mode.  I don't want this at all.  I only want mechjeb if I manually install a mechjeb module but I can't find any documentation on how to turn this off.  In the past it was defaulted that mechjeb didn't come preinstalled on any probecores so I've never had to do this before.  Not sure what I'm missing but it's making me nuts, even though I can disable it, I don't want to deal with the temptation.

It sounds like you may have one of the slew of "mechjeb for all" module manager patches that have been released at various times, by various peopples.

Heres a recent version. I would look at the contents of the .cfg files in that, and then poke around the .cfgs in your GameData, specifically the /Mechjeb folder, for one that has the same or similar contents. Once you find it, move it out of the main KSP folder, and if that fixes your problem, you are good to go... if not, I guess put the file back and keep looking. vOv

Thank you for this.  I couldn't possibly hate that feature any more than I do.  

Like mech engineer, I thought, was being quite sensible when they had a specific option to tie engineer to a particular item or have it automatically available right there in an in game accessible settings menu.

A lot of people are likely to not bother to ask how to make it stop and just uninstall MJ.  Not to mention it seems odd to still have to use the MJ part to get expanded utility even though it's automatically been installed obnoxiously on every single command pod.  You'd figure if people wanted it on every part without needing a special requirement, then they'd also want it to have all the utilities available.  Just confused me because it seemed like it would please neither of the two major camps of people in the community but just frustrates everyone.

But thank you very much for your help I truly appreciate it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.