Some things i dont understand with mod and CKAN

GoonFather

Hello, this is my first post, and i hope i'm doing it right.   i'm fairly new to modding this game, and english isn't my main language, so i hope i can make my problem clear to you: 

I've installed a bunch of mods, included NearFuture mods - I have installed the Solar mod, but i dont get any other solar panels than the stock ones.

What am i doing wrong? - I see that some place theres a CKAN not supportet, or something, but clearly i can instal it through the mod, what to do? :)

In the NF thread is mentioned, the mod requires ModuleManager but it is not set as an requirement in CKAN. ModuleManager itself is definitly available on CKAN so install it separately and the mod should work fine then.

I'll take a look if other NF mods are affected as well and report it to the maintainers of CKAN so it can be fixed. Just because Nertea doesn't support CKAN, it doesn't mean it cannot be done anyway^^

If, for any reason, it still doesn't work and you want to try a manual install of the mod and need some help, I wrote a tutorial on this topic:

You most likely installed "Near Future Solar - Core" and not the "Near Future Solar" mod. The "Core" mod is just the plugin that allows for the solar panels in the NF:Solar mod to function, the actual NF:Solar mod, listed separately, is the mod that has the solar panel parts.

Nertea does support CKAN listings and has slowly been propagating the NetKAN metadata for his mods to be hosted and managed by himself and not by the community NetKAN maintainers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.