UGH plz make things better for mission makers

As you can tell by the title of this thread, I, a poor mission-maker want a feature in specific. A "duplicate this node" right-click button for nodes. If you want to make a long line of vessels/flags for some reason, or make a reliable relay network to make sure your players don't run out of connection during the mission, I think we need a "duplicate" button

I'd also like better titles to clarify what the node does. I'm the person who'll need help with critical thinking, so better explanation titles & descriptions would be nice.

And finally, I'd like an easier way to tell someone to do science at a specific location.

Hanson

Edited by HansonKerman

If we're doing work on the mission editor I never use, please integrate it into sandbox games, maybe another button in the VAB or something, so it can easily access saved craft and be used as a "computer simulation" tool for craft design. It'd be handy to have a tool that lets us quickly deploy a craft to the exact location on or around any body we want to test it in, and define the test parameters in a reusable fashion and as much detail (with the node system) as we want. That way I might, y'know, use it. It seems to be intended for making challenge scenarios that can be shared with other people to compete on, but that's a very minority use case and I think there are far more practical applications for what something like the MH mission editor is capable of.

On 4/20/2019 at 4:00 PM, KerbolExplorer said:

I wonder when will modded nodes will come....

There already are, although not commonplace. I don't use any, because they are so goshdarn buggy. I don't think they're maintained much tho.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:31 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

Another suggestion would be open conditions. Ie, allowing code to be entered to define conditions or events. This would be 'advanced' but would help and open the possibilities for mission making.

thx. See? We need more versatile nodes!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.