What bugs did they actually remove when rebuilding console port?

So having purchased the dlc after the latest console update, i can safely say the console version has seemingly got worse. Im on PS4, im consistantly get crashes on all modes be it career, sandbox or otherwise. By crashes i mean no matter what parts i use to build a plane i cant get off the end of the runway without to game crashing to ps4 home screen, this has been the case with 5 out of the 7 new saves i tried. The same thing happens with rockets only it seems to be limited to the parts that where edited in the update. Also whilst in the build menu the game will often not register the buttons i press and instead will switch itself between build menu and selecting crew members for rocket this is happening whilst in the place for building rockets. On the rare occassion i can get off the ground without having to restart the game and go into the map to begin orbits and such the game will often lock the button menu up so i can no longer do anything. In career for some reason, any science points earned from contracts and or science data collection is not given however funds and reputation are, once i recover a craft i will receive science points for doing that only. Crew members usually disappear after game crashes. No doubt theres more but these are the ones that are making my game unplayable and clearly of waste of money. So what exactly did they fix during the port rebuild? Or did they just fix bugs in the rebuilt code and leave the rest for next year? The whole gaming industry are turning into money grabbers!

I play KSP on PS4, Enhanced Edition, Making history DLC, latest patch (#6), using the default controls.

I've been playing KSP on PS4 since it was first released. Some patches seemed to have caused more problems then they appeared to fix, but the game is considerably better now than it was.

I am not anything resembling an expert. In anything.

Some of the past issues with making the game crash have included;

-Limit the number of save files you are using. I only run 1 sandbox and 1 career at a time, each with only 2 save files (one for quick saves, and one for when I close the game) The games built-in save file numbering system seems to want to build a huge file.

-In every mode, delete the old rockets and planes you've built and saved but aren't using any more. Keep the save file slim.

-When you get to the point that you have lots of space craft in orbit, you will eventually encounter processing problems. Big complicated mulit-part spacecraft and lots of them in orbit require more processing to keep track of, PS4 is great, but it will bog down. You really want to delete all the space junk you can, again, this is about keeping the workload of the CPU low.

-When you are done playing, do a save, back out to the main game screen, and then close the game. Closing the game from anywhere else can cause headaches.

-Keep the save files to a minimum.

-Spacecraft with lots of parts will cause the game to slow down.

If you keep having problems you may need to delete and re-load the game, I have no idea how to accomplish this, I have a disk. I hope this helps, it can be a very frustrating game, but seriously fun.

Cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.