A Unity newbie needs help!

OK, I'm new to this so here goes. I created a simple 3m nosecone in Lightwave 9 with a texture (LW doesn't export .DAE so I had to find a workaround involving exporting as .OBJ, importing that into Poser9, and then exporting out of that as .DAE). I downloaded and installed the free version of Unity 2019, and successfully loaded my .DAE file. Then I had to find and download the KSP PartTools package. Everything seems to work as expected...except for the fact that once the KSP PartTools are installed there is no "write" option. Nor does it ask for me to choose a KSP installation directory. Under "Part Tools (script)" all I have are "Model name", "File Path", "Production", "Texture format". No "write" option, no file format options, either.

So basically I am stuck at working out how the heck I manage to get this model out of Unity  - without that "write" function I can't do anything. I've been sitting here for 2 hours wondering where I went wrong following a YouTube tutorial.

Any ideas where I went wrong?

Shot in the dark here - KSP (1.7) uses Unity 2107.1.3p - you might try this version instead. I don't think it matters but check that you have the 170 version of part tools - I think all that happens if you have a earlier version is you miss out on some of the newer shaders - but could be wrong.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.