Proper event registration hygiene for OnValueModified for PartModule fields?

Possibly a silly question, but I'm having a dickens of a time finding an answer anywhere and was wondering whether someone here might know.  Details below, but it boils down to this:

If I register for notification that a BaseField's value has changed on a PartModule, by registering for OnValueModified... how and where do I un-register it in order not to leak?  (Or is it necessary?)

Details:

Let's say I have a PartModule that has some KSPField on it, and I want to register for notifications when the field's value changes.  I note that BaseField<KSPAttribute>, has an OnValueModified event that I can register for.  So I could do something like this in my PartModule:

public override void OnAwake() {
    base.OnAwake();
    myBaseField.OnValueModified += OnMyBaseFieldModified;
}

private void OnMyBaseFieldModified(object o) {
    // this gets called when the value of the field changes
}

...So far, so good; that can make the desired thing happen.

What troubles me, though, is concern about event registration hygiene.  Specifically, do I need to un-register somewhere?  If so, where?

Here's why I ask:

As is probably obvious from my asking this question, I don't have experience registering for field-change events on PartModules.  I do, however, register for events all the time (e.g. for GameEvents or whatever) from KSPAddon scripts.  And for such scripts, it's important that every event registration be matched with a corresponding un-registration, like this:

[KSPAddon(KSPAddon.Startup.EditorAny, false)]
public class SomeAddon : MonoBehaviour
{
    public void Awake()
    {
        // register all events here
        GameEvents.onEditorLoad.Add(OnShipLoaded);
    }

public void OnDestroy()
    {
        // unregister all events here
        GameEvents.onEditorLoad.Remove(OnShipLoaded);
    }

private void OnShipLoaded(ShipConstruct construct, CraftBrowserDialog.LoadType loadType)
    {
        // this gets called when a ship is loaded
    }
}

...because if I don't unregister the handlers I've registered, then I "leak" the registration and various hilarity ensues.

However... I see that PartModule has an OnAwake() method that I can override, but I'm not seeing any corresponding OnDestroy().  So I don't see any place that leaps out at me as the "right" place to un-register... nor do even know whether it's necessary (and if not, why not, since it is necessary for KSPAddon scripts).

Can anyone enlighten me?

1 hour ago, cakepie said:

PartModule inherits from MonoBehavior, so by virtue of that, it has OnDestroy(). Or at least that's how I've been doing it.

So, the same "just make a method, even though there's no base class method to override" thing with Awake() and OnDestroy() applies to PartModules, too?  Ah, okay.  I'll give that a whirl, see what happens.  Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.