FAKOOM Rockets and Paintjobs

KSP - FAKOOM.png

Hey, all. I've found myself consistently handing out various of my rocket designs to people, and I've had some requests for textures, so I figured I'd collate them all into one place.

Ships

(smallest to largest)

Daedelus A

KSP - Daedelus A.png

KSP - Daedelus A 2.png

A simple, no frills design, the Daedelus A is a SSTO spaceplane, capable of achieving LKO with enough fuel to perform modest orbit changes, deorbit, and make a powered landing, assisted by its winglets. It lacks parachutes, decouplers, and SAS modules; what happens is entirely up to the pilot, for good or ill.

Icarus A

KSP - Icarus A.png

KSP - Icarus A 2.png

A stretched Daedelus A, the Icarus A is a SSTO rocket capable of hauling a StellarCom Commsat (required for the .craft file) to orbit. It is notable for having quite possibly the slowest liftoff of any rocket I've ever built, taking twenty seconds plus just to clear the tower. Unfortunately, the name isn't just poetry; the Icarus A doesn't have enough fuel for safe return.

Daedelus B

KSP - Daedelus B.png

KSP - Daedelus B 2.png

KSP - Daedelus B 3.png

KSP - Daedelus B 4.png

A second stage is added to the Daedelus A design, which is now the upper stage of the Daedelus B. The second stage, a fin-stabilised tricoupler stack, introduces some instability to flight (torque and a tendency to tip) which are inherent to the current generation of stock tricouplers. It is, nevertheless, correctable by piloting. With the second stage, the Daedelus B puts its upper stage into orbit with enough delta-V to achieve escape velocity and return, and otherwise play around, with a minimum of fuss.

Daedelus C

KSP - Daedelus C.png

KSP - Daedelus C 2.png

KSP - Daedelus C 3.png

KSP - Daedelus C 4.png

The Daedelus C stretches the first stage of the Daedelus B by adding a third fuel tank and a single SAS module on the top of each of the stacks under the tricoupler, and adds two stages of radially mounted solid boosters for clearing the launchpad. These additions enhance stability, eliminating the spin of the B section, and increase payload to orbit. The Daedelus C can place a StellarCom Commsat (once again, required for the .craft file) into any desired orbit and return its crew safely-- if the pilot is up to the challenge of landing the Daedelus A upper section, of course.

Icarus B

KSP - Icarus B.png

KSP - Icarus B 2.png

KSP - Icarus B 3.png

KSP - Icarus B 4.png

KSP - Icarus B 5.png

KSP - Icarus B 6.png

KSP - Icarus B 7.png

KSP - Icarus B 8.png

KSP - Icarus B 9.png

The heaviest general-purpose stock launcher yet made by FAKOOM, the Icarus B can lift an entire Icarus A to orbit: a stretched, seven-tank version of the Icarus A, with SAS, decoupler, and parachute for crew survival!

... unfortunately, mounting payload will probably require taking out those safety features. Further refinements of the design are currently in progress; in particular, the rocket shows a pronounced tendency to lean leftwards when the solid boosters are engaged, which renders many of them mere dead weight.

Caution should be exercised when turning to orbit. The Icarus B's single SAS and CP are easily overwhelmed by gravity.

Moonraker 81

KSP - Moonraker 81.png

So you think you're a good pilot? Try driving this. Yes, it can make orbit. Yes, it will turn KSP into a slideshow. Have fun. :P

Currently the subject of active research aimed at reducing the number of stabilising features even further.

Requires NovaSilisko's Mun part.

Ship packs

Daedelus pack

Icarus pack

Moonraker pack

Retextures

A note about command pod retextures: To avoid accidentally overwriting original data, the retextures here go into unique folders with unique names, creating a duplicate of the original part. There is one exception: The command pod modules. They have unique folder names, but to be recognised as the default, they need to be renamed to simply mk1pod. I suggest moving the original somewhere safe first.

My Little Rocketship: Explosions Are Magic

KSP - pony sample.png

Alright, I know there are other FiM fans out there. This set of retextures is for you. Includes retexturings of Nova's Moon and the Stellarcom Commsat. 8)

Ghost Ship

screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot5.png

screenshot7.png

The KSP has developed cloaking technology! :o Perfect for unobstructed screenshots and/or proof that the 3D view is uselss, take your pick.

And finally:

In Jeb's free time

KSP - They see me rollin.png

Podracing!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.