Illumination Light decal glitch in 1.7.2?

I'm not sure if this just cropped up in KSP 1.7.2, but I'm seeing an issue with lights turning on their "glow" decals for the lenses when the part they're attached to turns its lights on.  This does NOT happen in the VAB; I only see it after launching a craft into flight. 

More specifically, I can add Mk1 and Mk2 Stock illuminators to a Mk1 lander can or Mk 1-3 command pod, and then turn on the lights on the command pod within the PAW (or with the "U" button, even if the illuminators are unbound from that Action).  Within a few seconds, the "glow" decal for the attached lighting parts comes on, even though the lights aren't illuminating.

Hovering the mouse arrow over the part to highlight it briefly cures it, then it comes back.  The reverse situation comes up when activating the illuminators and turning off the command pod lights.  Illumination takes place, but the glow decal disappears either after a few seconds, or after hovering over it with the mouse.

This issue gets more problematic when adding illumination mods like Aviation Lights.  The blinking and color change functions become irrelevant, at least on the lenses, because they'll come on full strength, white, and continuously, regardless of the actual state of the light, or the glow will stay off if the CM's lights are off.

I tried looking this up in the Bug Tracker, but didn't see anything (at least for 1.7.2 bugs) and the search/filtering tools are rather...weak.

I'm using KSP x64 on Win10.  First saw this on a modded install, then I did a separate clean one, with and without the Squad expansions.

UPDATE: I've added this as an issue in the bug tracker.

UPDATE 2: I've added detailed replication steps in the bug tracker.

Edited by KSPrynk
clarifying details

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.