My space station expansion is considered debries!

Hello

I decided to build a space station and send it to duna in order to finish my science tree in career mode.

I already had a shuttle built, so I wanted to build the station in multiple parts and transfer the whole thing to duna rather sending one giant station. First part was the science module which consisted of only two mobile processing labs. The next part was electrical (batteries and solar panels) as well as the main engine and mono propellant (so no command module).

After decoupling from the shuttle, it is being shown as debries and I can no longer track it to dock with it or to at least destroy it!

https://i.imgur.com/UCNZXDY.jpg

Is there anything I can do to save that or is it a lost cause?

Welcome to the forum @OM222O.

I've moved your question to gameplay questions.

For a craft to be controllable it needs at least a probe core and electrical supply. You should still be able to dock with it - get a vessel into orbit, click on the target and choose "select as target". 

I would use the advanced grabbing unit with a probe core, RCS, enough batteries to last 1 hour or so (this depends on the altitude of your orbit) and solar panels.

26 minutes ago, OM222O said:

Hello

I decided to build a space station and send it to duna in order to finish my science tree in career mode.

I already had a shuttle built, so I wanted to build the station in multiple parts and transfer the whole thing to duna rather sending one giant station. First part was the science module which consisted of only two mobile processing labs. The next part was electrical (batteries and solar panels) as well as the main engine and mono propellant (so no command module).

After decoupling from the shuttle, it is being shown as debries and I can no longer track it to dock with it or to at least destroy it!

https://i.imgur.com/UCNZXDY.jpg

Is there anything I can do to save that or is it a lost cause?

First of all check if you have persistent debris in Main Menu Options set to 0.If thats the case it will vanish after you leave it.So make sure you have a comfortable number for you.

I would do one of these things:

1)Double click its name on the tracking station and change it from Debris to Probe.

https://imgur.com/a/xE3A59d

2)Launch the same modules with one command module and Alt+f12 cheat it to rendervouz with it

3)Use A klaw to grab it and use it.(ops James posted while typing it :D .)

4)Use Time Warp to stop it spinning since it doesnt have a command module if you fail to dock with it or you bump with it.

5)You can destroy all debris from the tracking station.

Edited by Boyster

If you are close to it, you can still "target" the station section by doubleclicking on it. You can still dock with it.

In map mode, you can select "filters" from a dropdown menu at the top-center of your screen. Obviously, your "debris" filter is turned on at this moment. Click on the debris filter (the first icon) to turn the filter off, and all your debris will become selectable and trackable.

As boyster said, in the Tracking Station you can change the craft type of this partial station of yours to either "station" or "probe" or anything else other than debris, and fix your problem.

The Tracking Station also has a debris filter. If you turn it off, then you can see and terminate all debris -- but that should be your last resort, since your problem is easily fixable otherwise.

Thank you so much! I didn't know debris was hidden by default! I can now see it and dock with it which should solve the problem! The last stage of the mission is actually sending a "crane" which can dock and manipulate the modules on the station, I just couldn't find it in order to dock with it since debris were turned off XD

Also I'm not sure where the persistent debris option is.

P.S: I realized I have a ton of extra debris lying around! I'd like to dock with them and de orbit them like you have to do in real life rather than cheesing it by terminating them in the tracking station.

12 hours ago, OM222O said:

P.S: I realized I have a ton of extra debris lying around! I'd like to dock with them and de orbit them like you have to do in real life rather than cheesing it by terminating them in the tracking station.

You can only change max persistent debris from the Main Menu Settings at the General Tab.

Well, i dont feel like its a lot of cheesing since space is kinda big compared to our vessels.

I think it makes sense that we will eventually leave a lot of stuff up there, especially in difficult orbits to reach(or ''garbage'' orbits).

I like to destroy small debris from tracking station, under 20-25 parts and the rest i do have to manually destroy/recover them.

Just to reduce the workload and the amount of debris(i think they slow down your pc after few hundreds) 

Still its up to you how you gonna run your save and thats the nice thing about games like Kerbal ;) .

Edited by Boyster

On 8/3/2019 at 12:38 PM, OM222O said:

Thank you so much! I didn't know debris was hidden by default! I can now see it and dock with it which should solve the problem! The last stage of the mission is actually sending a "crane" which can dock and manipulate the modules on the station, I just couldn't find it in order to dock with it since debris were turned off XD

Build a giant ground-based laser station at the KSC. This is now your "terminate debris" option.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.