Controls freeze up.

Why do the controls lock up sometimes even though you have no mods installed? Also it happens sometimes when I try to reach orbit even though I also don't have comm network requirement enabled. I sometimes can't close the game normally also & can't turn on the SAS buttons. And wondering if its something to do with the unity game engine or if I'm still missing something.. 

2 hours ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Why do the controls lock up sometimes even though you have no mods installed? Also it happens sometimes when I try to reach orbit even though I also don't have comm network requirement enabled. I sometimes can't close the game normally also & can't turn on the SAS buttons. And wondering if its something to do with the unity game engine or if I'm still missing something.. 

Do you have electricity when this happens?

You can try pressing Alt + F12 and in that menu select" input locks". Then click "clear input locks".It will probably fix it, i am not really sure whats causing it though.

9 hours ago, Boyster said:

Do you have electricity when this happens?

You can try pressing Alt + F12 and in that menu select" input locks". Then click "clear input locks".It will probably fix it, i am not really sure whats causing it though.

Yes got solar panels etc.

Could you provide a screenshot? It would make it easier for us to help.
Are you using a probe-core? Some can't use SAS.
Are the solar panels (small?) delivering enough electricity for the (big?) SAS? Look at the detailed fuel panel on the right to find out.

This happens to me as well. I haven't yet figured out how to reliably duplicate it, but it happens often enough to be frustrating. The only way out is to "cmd-Q" and restart the game.

Some notes:

• I've only noticed it happening when I have the orbital info active. That could be a red herring, though, since I have that mode open far more often than the others.
  • The F* keys works as usual (I can hide UI, show mission stats, etc). Other keys have no effect (including escape, z, x, shift, control, wasd, t, etc.).
  • The other tabs for the flight modes (the ones that let you switch between staging view, orbital info, view, etc.) are darkened and disabled; clicking them has no effect.
  • The game continues to play -- engines continue to burn, craft continue on their preexisting trajectories, etc. -- but no input is recognized.

I've attached a screenshot from the latest incident. I was in the middle of maneuvering the rocket, pressing the usual keys (WASD, shift, control, arrow keys), but I don't recall if there was a particular combination of keys that caused it. You can see the tabs in the lower left are darkened. You can see that the probe has a network connection and ought to be controllable. The electricity resource is not pictured (because the UI at this point was unresponsive) but the probe had plenty of electricity.

If/when it happens again I'll try to post more information to help diagnose. This is really getting frustrating. :/

Thank you!

- Jamis

Edit: this is in KSP 1.7.1, on macos 10.14.5, on a 2015-era 15" MacBook Pro with retina display.

ksp-frozen-ui.png

Edited by jamis
add system stats

5 hours ago, jamis said:

This happens to me as well. I haven't yet figured out how to reliably duplicate it, but it happens often enough to be frustrating. The only way out is to "cmd-Q" and restart the game.

Have you tried to open the debug menu and hit clear input logs?

I think its  ALT+FN+F12  to open cheat menu in Mac, not sure though.

Thank you! Clearing the input locks allowed me to regain control of the craft and the interface. I still haven't figured out what triggers this condition, but at least clearing the input locks gives me a workaround.

- Jamis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.