1.8 Broke some mods (Split from other thread)

Stryks

Moderator Note:

This thread has been split off from:

---------

Oh man.  Is it wrong to get frustrated with a game because an update broke my favorite mods?

1.8 seems to have introduced an issue where it isn't showing the arrows and other indicators in the VAB.  It's still usable from the torque values, but I just thought I'd give a shout out to let you know the game has interfered with your good work.

And thanks for your good work by the way.  Dont say it enough really.  Your efforts are really appreciated. 

Edited by Gargamel
Moderator Note

25 minutes ago, Stryks said:

Oh man.  Is it wrong to get frustrated with a game because an update broke my favorite mods?

We say it every update. Do not expect, that mods will be working after an update. The change in the game can be that significant, that it will break something in mods. It's better to stay on the older version until you verify, that all your mods can work with the new version.

38 minutes ago, maja said:

We say it every update. Do not expect, that mods will be working after an update.

Apologies .. it was meant tongue in cheek.  Not in the least bit expecting mods to be instantly fixed.  Lucky to have the mods at all, let alone to not have them instantly updated after a game change.

More a statement that I kinda wish they'd stop updating the game, once I have my mods working the way I like.  As I said, tongue in cheek.

Having said that ... I do need to stop Steam auto-updating. :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, Stryks said:

Having said that ... I do need to stop Steam auto-updating. :rolleyes:

We are a little bit off topic, but I have a play and develop copies of KSP, so autoupdate doesn't mess with them. Just copy the whole KSP folder somewhere else and you're good to go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.