Help with Custom Mod

So I'm trying to create mod of sorts. Well not a mod per say but it's a custom part and it has a lot of functionality. In a nutshell I am trying to create Space-X's Starship. I have created the model etc but I am stumped on the config for it and how to create the functionality I want. I want to have soundFX on a door animation, I want to have deployable landing legs from inside the spaceship(3D Model created), I want to have the wings on the side move for turning etc. And I want to add custom engines and SFX and VFX in general. This is the first time I have created a mod and I can't seem to find any more in depth documentation online so if anyone knows about the internals and how it works then please help me out. I have moderate experience with blender and C#.

If your looking for documentation on the config files I haven't see any recent stuff - usually the best source is to look at Squads parts and see how they did them. I like to make a test part and copy a Squad cfg then tweak until I get what I'm looking for. That's probably not the answer you were looking for but it's only way I've found.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.