Please add the Option to switch to a Real Solar System without mods in KSP 2

kerbalk

I think a RSS pack would be great as a DLC. It's almost exactly what I imagine a good DLC should be. Not just some extra parts here and there, but a complete system that extends the base game. I'd be thinking at least at 50% the cost of the base game, probably anywhere up to 85% base game cost, as it would almost be a complete game on it's own.

The name for that kind of "DLC" is "expansion pack". And it's an old thing, almost forgotten today, but it can be amazing if done right. However, I don't see a point in extending the base game here. You can reuse the code and perhaps a few assets, but stats and game balance would have to change completely to work in RSS. There's no reason not to make it a separate game with KSP in the name and full price, should people really want that.

TBH, I think modders will make it far earlier than Star Theory will be able to consider making another game in the series.

I'm still waiting for the completion of KSP1's solar system (ie: the continuation of the Kerbalization of our solar system) as DLC.  This is my #1 request as the rest of the game is pretty sturdy. 
It would be a good content addition to purchase, especially since you don't have to install it if you want a vanilla experience.

I hope KSP2 will feature such content too.  And a RSS (and KS-RSS) options on a DLC expansion pack would be very interesting as well.