Windows Dual Screen Issue

This isn't a critical issue, or probably even a bug. Just an annoyance.

I recently acquired a second monitor, making both independently active and displaying whatever I move to them. The game works fine on either.

My issue is that when I click anywhere on the now-Screen 2 during gameplay on Screen 1, the game is minimized or at least sent behind another Screen 1 window. I can move the mouse cursor anywhere on both screens during game play with no issue, until I click on Screen 2 to do something outside the game.

I looked in the game video settings, and couldn't see anything that might affect this.

I'm using Windows 7 SP1/64 bit with Screen 1 on a Display port, Screen 2 on HDMI, both plugged into a 1080Ti card.

Any thoughts on making the game stick in place so it doesn't do this unless I explicitly tell it to?

• 3 weeks later...

So....if you are playing the game on steam:

1. Right click on the Kerbal Space Program icon on the left menu and select properties, then click on Set Launch Options...

2. Enter -popupwindow into the available box and click on OK

3. Start Kerbal Space Program and go into the settings, then graphics and unclick the "Full Screen" option. Set the resolution to whatever is your maximum.

If you have a copy of KSP that isn't using steam. Do the following:

1. Create a shortcut for the main executable. Right click on the shortcut and select properties

2. Make the Target look like the following "D:\KSP\KSP 1.8.1\KSP_x64.exe" -popupwindow 

3. Start Kerbal Space Program and go into the settings, then graphics and unclick the "Full Screen" option. Set the resolution to whatever is your maximum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.