Launch a kerbal into orbit with rocket exhaust

Amodii

You said collisions were allowerd, my colissions were powered by liquid fuel rockets... While I did it form the launch pad, I could have done it on the runway too...

I kind of cheated, sure... but can I have a "pioneer" award or something for getting it done instead of saying it's impossible?

http://imgur.com/a/oA5kX

Edit:

Through some tweaking/gravity slingshots I could definitely add a delta-v budget to get him to escape kerbin and independently orbit kerbol via rocket pack fuel... but as for now I'm off to bed.

Quoting this cause it wasn't noticed on page 2

Getting to Kerbin orbit will be very, very difficult. You need to put ALL the energy to get to orbit into the kerbal at once. Of course you have some savings in not having to lift fuel but this is offset by all the burn being in high atmosphere inducing aero-braking hard and fast due to the velocity and you need to burn several tons of fuel in less than a second to boast the kerbal into orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.