Spawning PopupDialogs next to each other

How do you spawn two different PopupDialogs so that they look like they're attached and not overlapping? The coordinate system makes it really difficult. You can't use Screen.width/height to normalize pixel coordinates because there's a silly margin on the screen that shifts the origin away from the bottom left of the screen.

I also tried to give the two PopupDialogs different anchors (example: first PD has anchor (0, 0), and second PD has anchor (0, 1)) so that when given the same Rect they should be at the same location, but for some bizarre reason they overlap.

Is there a way to get this margin so I can account for it? 

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Is there a reason you don't want them to be one popup with the sections embedded in a DialogGUIHorizontalLayout?

One popup would probably be too big, and the options that I would put on the second popup won't be used as often, and since PopupDialogs are hard to update, I can't add another section to an already spawned PopupDialog when more settings are needed.

I might try a scrollbar. Is there a way to make a set of settings look like they're greyed out? You can give settings a condition where they are unusable, but there's no visual indication that they're disabled, which is a problem.

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 11:22 PM, CrayzeeMonkey said:

I might try a scrollbar. Is there a way to make a set of settings look like they're greyed out? You can give settings a condition where they are unusable, but there's no visual indication that they're disabled, which is a problem.

I think it depends on the type of the element. A disabled DialogGUIButton is grayed out automatically. Alternatively, you can try to use rich text formatting (e.g.. <color="#999999"> in option title) or DialogGUIBase.tint. I haven't tried it myself yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.