Is it possible to refuel a ship orbiting the mun?

Hey guys, just got to the mun and Im orbiting it, but I have no fuel left to get back to Kerbin, and I got a bunch of science.

Is it possible to have another ship to come and save all my science or refuel my dead ship while orbiting the mun?

Thanks

If you have a docking port, or you have researched the Klaw, and you've upgraded the Research and Development centre then yes.  You can send another ship up with extra fuel, dock or stick it with the Klaw and transfer the fuel.  Alternately, send a ship up, with a Kerbal or use the Kerbal on board the stranded ship if there is one, and the Astronaut Complex upgraded.  A Kerbal can EVA out and grab the science, bring it to the pod on the ship with enough fuel to return, and head back to Kerbin.  Add extra seats for the stranded crew if any, if you worry about that kind of thing.  You can ignore the building upgrades in either scenario if you are playing in Science Mode.

Edited by overkill13

Small addendum: if you have activated the difficulty setting "resource transfer obeys crossfeed rules", then refuelling may or may not be a little more tricky, depending on how you built the craft that is stranded in Mun orbit.

This setting is off by default in Easy and Normal difficulty settings, and on by default in Moderate and Hard difficulty settings. If you customized your settings, only you can know whether it's on or not.

I have a big Problem when trying to refuel my spaceship. Ther is no option for "fuel transfer" in the menu.
So, I cant transfer any fuel form one tank to another....

Has something changed in the last patch? or is it just my problem and I have to reinstall the game?

Please help me.

Tahnk you very much. I cheked my KSP-Installation an 28 missing Datas were found...but it still didnt work...so I was looking for a soultion for a week now.
After posting my question on the forum I visited the forum again and now I know: I have to select BOTH fueltanks (by pressing ALT) .... I allways tried to selet one and than the other one....:/....I messed it up.

so...thank you and greetings from germany to you in Australia

to transfer fuel you must select both tanks at the same time. to do so, right click on the tanks while holding the "alt" key. once you've selected both, two new keys should appear, labeled "in" and "out". if they don't appear, it means there is some part that forbids fuel transfer. the claw is a likely one, as you can't transfer fuel through it.

if you don't want to lower the difficulty, you can always claw your ship and tow it to kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.