Optimal flight path for Grand Tour?

Xyphos

Was thinking of attempting The Grand Tour, landing and flagging [where possible] with all moons included. I wanted to know the optimal flight path using gravity assists.

Moho seems pretty steep on the dV requirements, Eve might be doable with a [Breaking Ground] stratolauncher, and I've been everywhere else besides Dres and Eeloo

Edited by Xyphos

Not sure how useful gravity assist is here as you will visit all bodies anyway.  Yes you obviously drop down from from Gilly to close to Eve for escape burn.

It depend a bit if you use ISRU or not. I did one without ISRU once. First I used my tiny lander to fly and land on Mun and Minus before docking it to mothership. 
If ISRU you fly by Mun, then to Minmus there you fuel up. 
Then off to Eve, You want Eve because the large and heavy Eve lander. 
Land on Eve, and get up, you are now rid of the Eve lander, if ISRU refuel on Gilly. 
If you use ISRU you can take your stack to Moho, perhaps leave some stuff like Tylo and Layte lander at Gily. I used Ion engines to take an tiny lander to Moho and back. 
Next is Duna and Ike, if ISRU refuel. 
Here I split my ship in two, one part with spare fuel and Laythe and Tylo landers went to Jool while main ship and the small lander went to Dress, with ISRU it might be smart to do Jool first then either Eeloo or Dress first depending on windows, it was an 20 year wait to Jool to Eeloo window :)

The tug dropped of the Layte lander at Laythe then went to Tylo. After Dress I took Laythe then Vall, Tylo where I refueld from the tug and then then Bop and Pol before the wait for Eeloo. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.