Does the MK2 Lander have doors or not?

I'm a bit confused. In v1.10.2917 when I load the MK2 Lander into the VAB, there is no "Open doors" command on the right-click context menu (see image link). Looking at the Lander in the VAB and in flight it is obvious the side doors are there, you can see them. Another indication that they are there is the fact you cannot place any other part on them in the VAB (see image). However as you can see, I was able to place a Mystery Good inside the doors, which is what I'd expect if that side compartment was actually usable (the Mystery Good is highlighted green, not red indicating that it is not clipped inside). If the doors cannot open, how can you access anything placed inside?

The doors were a nice feature on this Lander and I have used them before in 1.6, 1.9. In v1.10 it seems Squad has forgotten to add the "Open doors" command on its context menu to open them. Am I correct? Or have they just decided to do away with that functionality? If this is the case then why are the doors visible, as opposed to a smooth surface like it was before the doors were added?

Does the MK2 Lander still have functional side doors?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.