Impacting mun to gather science data form deployed seismic sensor

I seem to have an issue somewhere.

I've deployed a seismic ground station sensor, which is working since it recorded an impact from my first impacter.

But then, it seems it does not pick up anymore data from other crashes. Even if it's a differently named spaceship. or with different parts. I'm crashing them at a rough 10km radius, but the first one got registered while it crashed more than a hundred kilometers away from the sensor.

I'm waiting for the final stage of lithobraeking, not switching ships. there's power and coms on the ground station, and sometimes it seems to record a crash, sometimes it does not.

Also, what's the value that's getting measured? With crashing probes at more than 1 km.s dv in the ground, I barely got 8% of the science (but I was out of fuel, so not accelerating by yself at the time). Is it mass ? Is it acceleration ? is it speed ?

Sending crashers into Mun gets boring fast, and after four of them and not all of them getting picked up, I'm starting to wondering what do I do wrong. Also funds.

The deployed science experiments can't send back any data if there isn't an available commnet link back to the KSC. If your surface station is on the other side of the Mun then it's possible that a relay satellite is sometimes in position to intercept and pass on the science data but at other times it could be in the wrong position to enable a link back to Kerbin.

3 reasons why this might not work:

1. No power. They only work in daylight (unless you have the deployed RTGs or the Deployable Batteries mod) so wait until your deployed cluster is in the sun.
  2. No signal. That will stop it transmitting, however you should still get notifications that the data is stored.
  3. You’ve already completed 100% of the experiment! Go to the control hub and then right click on the seismometer to see how much science has been completed and transmitted.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.