Low frame rates near space station

If a mod is made for 1.8, there is a very high chance that it also runs on 1.10, because there shouldn't be so much difference between 1.8 and 1.10. (But the opposite will most likely not work because using mods that are made for a newer KSP version is problematic.) @ShadowZone made a video on YouTube where he shows how you can change CKAN's settings so that it allows you to install a mod that is not yet updated for the latest KSP version. I recommend to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 6:02 PM, TylaJames said:

So here's an update on my progress. 

I installed KSP1.10 and managed to get mechjeb2, Kerbal engineer and FMRS 1.2.9  working, but just one time (had to install FMRS manually, ckan wouldn't do it), after i tried installing mods, it all just fell to pieces. 

Eventually, after many hours of wrestling ckan, i found 'FMRS continued 1.2.9' blanked out and stating "latest KSP version- 1.8".

Hope you will read this.

You can change the available KSP version in the settings in CKAN. That way you can install "older/outdated" mods (which don't necessarily means they're actually outdated)

dHZhIEm.png

And you should go with KSP 1.10.1 instead of 1.10 ;)

Edited by Duke-49th

2 hours ago, TylaJames said:

how would i know if a mod is compatible with my ksp version if im not going by what ckan says

Check the last few pages of the relevant release thread on the forum, someone always asks...
Or try it yourself, test out all the functionality and look for any exceptions in your log, then if everything looks good you can be that helpful person who posts in the release thread that it appears to still work.

Parts only mods are usually fine through many KSP releases.
KSP 1.8.0 - 1.10.1 all run on the same unity version, so plugins should at least load without needing to be recompiled. As for functionality, the bigger the gap the more likely the problems.
The vast majority of mods for 1.10.0 should work fine on 1.10.1.
In the case of 1.9.x vs 1.10.x, again, most mods are okay. Mods with fairings are a notable exception.
1.8.x mods on 1.10.x gets a little more sketchy, so you'll want to do some testing on a throwaway save, or at least make a backup.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.