BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

Yes, I can not build planes, built just for the test from the fact that it was not thinking that the landing gear can move sideways. If I had known ties to countersign.

And im bad pilot

Edited by BobCat

Yes, I can not build planes, built just for the test from the fact that it was not thinking that the landing gear can move sideways. If I had known ties to countersign.

And im bad pilot

You can land, so you aren't a bad pilot at all.

Since 0.16, sticking landing gear on a hardpoint makes for a bendy, unstable structure - I'm hoping that will be sorted out in 0.18, but I wouldn't do that in the meantime. Planes are, as a consequence, harder to build than in 0.15.

Colmo, many of the parts require strength updates as the default of 22 is far to weak for many of the 016+ parts. Some of the stock 0.17 parts have had their strengths adjusted, but not all. I'm sure that eventually all the parts will be updated, but until then adding:

breakingForce = 200

breakingTorque = 200

to the part.cfg (place these lines underneath crashTolerance = ) resolves the issue.

These lines are used in some of the stock 2m parts and definitely help with wobble and breakage.

Hmmn, too bad that "multiple Command Pod" mod is so clunky and hard to use, for I'd make me up a spaceplane simply to tow the RAT pod to one of the planets and have it do a hot drop from orbit, almost like how you can drop APC's from the back of a C-130....

Well, Bobcat says "bugs" but truthfully we're trying to do some things that are a bit beyond the capabilities of the game and/or the mods we use. So we have to be creative with the way we make the parts. We've managed to get most conflicts resolved, but it means that in the VAB the building process is a bit more complicated than we'd like.

Truth be told, I think the mod is releasable now, but we're trying to make it easier for the casual gamer to use. Well, that and we wanted to make a LASER cannon cargo module. ;) Why do you need a LASER cannon? You don't...but you know that you want one. :cool: Oh, and it is handy for getting rid of debris around your base. :D

Since 0.16, sticking landing gear on a hardpoint makes for a bendy, unstable structure - I'm hoping that will be sorted out in 0.18, but I wouldn't do that in the meantime. Planes are, as a consequence, harder to build than in 0.15.

Just use struts... That does still work, doesn't it?

Well, that and we wanted to make a LASER cannon cargo module. ;) Why do you need a LASER cannon? You don't...but you know that you want one. :cool: Oh, and it is handy for getting rid of debris around your base. :D

you may wanna look here for a bit of help, i just strap these to my demv mk-2 and go wizzing around my base a 200m/s blowing up everything in sight :Dhttp://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/6014-PLUGIN-PART-0-14-SUNBEAM-Laser-2-1?highlight=sunbeam+laser

Edited by christ1298

Sorry, we already made the LASER cannon. Hope you don't mind. :cool: Next is the daiquiri machine. :wink:

I've got this crazy Russian model-maker that just won't stop...

To be honest, he's so damned talented, I don't want to stop him. But yes, we do need to stop making options and release the Mk4 soon.

grNRu.jpg

Edited by CrashnBurn

we tested, but unlikely it will be more like it, and so a two-story house. The diameter of the inflatable part of 2 meters, which is larger.

About the time of deployment, I think about 3 minutes. Longer has washed away I think.

This module is only the beginning, the main accommodation module in the series. Other modules will have different sizes and purposes, depending on the capabilities of the game and we use plugins.

As says is coder BobCat ind, CrashnBurn, for us now, it is first important to release Mark 4 RAT and DROP platform.

Edited by BobCat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.