How to solve this very weird base problem.

So I thought I would built a base for my kerbals to have vacation. But I had a problem that I never thought of before. Unless your destination is Gilly! My base won't stay on the ground! The mining drills stop every time the base decides to go for a hop. I have RCS thrusters on my base, but keeping them on all the time isn't gonna work. Any ideas?

15 minutes ago, Cant think of a username said:

So I thought I would built a base for my kerbals to have vacation. But I had a problem that I never thought of before. Unless your destination is Gilly! My base won't stay on the ground! The mining drills stop every time the base decides to go for a hop. I have RCS thrusters on my base, but keeping them on all the time isn't gonna work. Any ideas?

Are the drills very close to the ground?You should put them as high you can so only their tip reaches underground/ground.

You can also use structural panels and even grip pads instead of landing legs to keep your base kinda less jumpy and drifty in low grav planets.

Can you post a picture of it?

Edited by Boyster

1 minute ago, Boyster said:

Are the drills very close to the ground?You should put them as high you can so only their tip reaches underground/ground.

You can also use structural panels and even grip pads to keep your base kinda less jumpy and drifty in low grav planets.

Can you post a picture of it?

The drills don't have an impact box. Also, are grip pads suppose to stop sliding? my base is going up.

1 minute ago, Cant think of a username said:

The drills don't have an impact box. Also, are grip pads suppose to stop sliding? my base is going up.

If you put the drills very close to the ground when you extend them/use them they lift up your base

Edited by Boyster

7 minutes ago, Cant think of a username said:

When I extend the drills, the base is ok, but it just wonders upwards randomly at a random time.

Hmmm, well, you probably already know this but you can activate the drills and the resource thing and go to tracking station or to a different location/vessel and time warp there to produce.

If you could post a picture of it would help a lot too.I use https://imgur.com/ to upload screenshots its pretty fast and legit.

Edited by Boyster

6 minutes ago, Boyster said:

Hmmm, well, you probably already know this but you can activate the drills and the resource thing and go to tracking station or to a different location/vessel and time warp there to produce.

If you could post a picture of it would help a lot too.I use https://imgur.com/ to upload screenshots its pretty fast and legit.

I can't get a screenshot now because I am on a different computer, so...

1 minute ago, Cant think of a username said:

I can't get a screenshot now because I am on a different computer, so...

Its ok post when/if you can,

RCS in low grav planets for bases isnt gonna help, most likely will create more problems,

also if you have strong SAS maybe you should turn some off, or even toggle SAS entirely,

does the base lift up only when you use the drills?

3 minutes ago, Cant think of a username said:

No, I floats every once in a while. Even without the drills. I visit it often when I go to Eve, and almost every time it was floating.

Hmm well, structure panels and grip pads might help....there is also this mod...but its outdated, some claim it still works, no idea

Back then it was an amazing mod that prevented the bouncing issue....but you know use it with caution, its outdated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.