When i install a fresh copy of KSP, some of my Mod Stuff Remains, and i don't know how to fix that.

This sounds weird, but when i uninstall KSP and delete anything from the steamapps, common folder, and then reinstall it, some stuff that is not included in the base game gets installed. This problem has only occurred with mods i have installed using ckan. i am not sure that i have fully uninstalled it, but that may be the case. pretty much, is there anyway i can delete any and all files that are used for ksp or CKAN so i can have a fresh, clean copy of KSP?

Also, i'm using the steam version of KSP. Just wanted to clarify.

These are also some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/uZaImRw

Edited by BEG5210
I wanted to Add a tag, and i thought changed the title. I also wnated to clarify that i was using the Steam Version of KSP, and to add a imgur link to the images of the issues.

6 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

It's not your install but the Steam sync function, example image:

IGd0M.png

Here are some tips to avoid this and other related issues:

I allready Have my steam cloud off. the sink is fully off and it still dosent work.

On 8/26/2020 at 2:13 PM, VoidSquid said:

Those Build files are all designated as "Stock", i.e. they are coming with KSP itself.

How to i make them not show up as stock rockets so they don't install when i install a fresh copy of ksp? Also, i feel like i left out some extra detail to the problem that i forgot to add in, so the extra detail is here:

I installed a Space X mod (using CKAN), and it came with builds, and ever since then they haven't gone away when i install a fresh version. In the ships folder, there is another one called "Space X" witch installs itself there and i believe does not come with ksp (correct me if im wrong). there are more images here https://imgur.com/a/bWvV60U if you need more images just comment it.

Edited by BEG5210
I added something that i forgot to add in, and i fixed some grammar issues.

There is a setting to include/exclude stock crafts (i.e. show them in game or not), have you tried that?

2020-08-27-11-47-31-Kerbal-Space-Program

In general, your own vessels always are stored in \saves\<game name>\Ships, while stock vessels are in \Ships

Edited by VoidSquid

14 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

There is a setting to include/exclude stock crafts (i.e. show them in game or not), have you tried that?

2020-08-27-11-47-31-Kerbal-Space-Program

In general, your own vessels always are stored in \saves\<game name>\Ships, while stock vessels are in \Ships

Am i suposed to have the switch off?

Edited by BEG5210

I FOUND THE ANSWER! Simply, you delete the modded files, and then through steam, you validate them. i found this fix on the CKAN github link here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Clean-and-reinstall-process. This is how i solved it:

1. Open the KSP Folder
  2. Delete your folders with mods that you want to set to default.
  3. Open Steam
  4. Right click on KSP
  5. Properties...
  6. Local Files tab
  7. Verify integrity of game files...

This will restore the files to default

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.