What is the trick for balancing Resource Converter outputs?

So I am trying to make a resource converter that converts another resource into another 3 other resources at a 1:1 ratio in terms of weight.

I can't seem to figure out the math needed to produce a balanced output with no net loss or gain in terms of weight. I am assuming it has something to do with the density value of the resources?

Should be: Input units * Input density = (Output-1 units * Output-1 density) + (Output-2 units * Output-2 density) + (Output-3 units * Output-3 density)

I think (but am not certain) the resource definition file uses tons/cubic meter for density.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 2:54 PM, wasml said:

Should be: Input units * Input density = (Output-1 units * Output-1 density) + (Output-2 units * Output-2 density) + (Output-3 units * Output-3 density)

I think (but am not certain) the resource definition file uses tons/cubic meter for density.

Hmm, I figured it out after some experimenting. But it's not that equation

First I started by breaking the output down into percentages.

So lets just say 1 input unit of InputResource will result in it's mass being converted to 40% of X, 40% of Y, and 20% of Z

First we take InputDensity and divide it by XDensity to get DensityRatioX, then multiply our percentage of output mass, by DensityRatioX to get our balanced output; and repeat so on and so forth for Y and Z.

Simplified, (InputDensity/Outputdensity) * MassPercentageOfOutput = BalancedOutputUnits

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.