CKAN missing checkbox under install?

UPDATE: Thanks for the help everyone, realized my (kinda stupid :p) mistake almost instantly after the responses mentioned it. Going in to the settings and allowing installation for mods only compatible with older versions of KSP solved the problem. Case solved!

Hello everyone,

So after a long break i decided to get back in to ksp, and because i wanted something new i am trying a lot of mods.
To make installing a lot of mods all at once easier i got myself CKAN, but a lot of mods don't have any checkbox next to them to install them, even though they are compatible with my ksp version.

I can right click and just install them, but this skips the part where ckan automatically installs all the required addons (i think?) so i prefer to just use the checkbox method.
Some mods still do have the checkbox, but it doesn't make sense which do and which don't. Also when i go to installed mods, it doesn't show the mods which i installed through the "forced" method of installation, they are found under the "cached" filter.

Anyone have any idea what might cause this problem and how to fix the missing checkbox?
(example pictures follow)

vsgeM9y.pngD7OXmfM.pngiHUbjGP.png

Edited by RandomRoughneck
problem is solved

The reason RealPlume doesn’t have a check box is because one of its dependencies is incompatible with your version; you might find that the “incompatible” dependency itself isn’t the issue, but that it has a dependency of its own that isn’t compatible. Dependencies can be several layers deep and if anything in any of those layers isn’t explicitly flagged as compatible then CKAN hides the check boxes.

If you click the ‘versions’ tab on the right of the scree, you can manually select a version of any mod to install- it will then tell you what isn’t compatible so you can track the problem down to its source and tell CKAN to install it anyway.

And no matter what you do, CKAN will always install all the listed dependencies for every mod you add; you might have to pick some versions if something isn’t compatible but it will still install them.

2 hours ago, RandomRoughneck said:

To make installing a lot of mods all at once easier i got myself CKAN, but a lot of mods don't have any checkbox next to them to install them, even though they are compatible with my ksp version.

Some mods still do have the checkbox, but it doesn't make sense which do and which don't.

The most likely explanation is that they aren't (marked as) compatible. For example, RealPlume's latest versions say they support KSP 1.1 through 1.9.99, which is less than 1.10.1.

I can right click and just install them,

No, you can't...

but this skips the part where ckan automatically installs all the required addons (i think?)

... in fact it skips any installation at all, including the mod you clicked. It just downloads the ZIP without installing it.

Also when i go to installed mods, it doesn't show the mods which i installed through the "forced" method of installation, they are found under the "cached" filter.

That's why, the right click option doesn't install anything.

8 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

The reason RealPlume doesn’t have a check box is because one of its dependencies is incompatible with your version;

That's true sometimes, but not for RealPlume, see above.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.