[1.11.x] Soyuz TMA and R7- v1.0 (09/11/2020)

VoidCosmos

Hi! Just wanted to say that the solar panels’ animation not working correctly can be fixed installing the Community Fixes Mod. At least it worked it for me. It also comes with many other quality of life and performance improvements so there’s really little reason not to install it. Hope this helps! 

On 5/10/2021 at 3:28 PM, lemon cup said:

Hey all, I've created two sets of configs for this mod:

-full Waterfall support for all engines and RCS thrusters (obviously requires Waterfall)

YAFh3oP.png?1

VqLhznH.png?3

-a 2.5x rescale balance - which adjusts all engines to their real-world ISP,  slightly greater thrust, and gives the R7 tanks roughly 10-15% greater fuel/dry mass fractions. I've extensively tested this in KSRSS in 1.11.2 with 2.5x rescale, and the R7 with a crewed Soyuz on top can reach orbit if piloted carefully. 
(I've also added a few extra tweaks here, such as removed some fuel from the Progress module in exchange for 6 inventory slots, restored the engine cover animation on the Soyuz service module, and if you have Making History, the Soyuz orbital module will now have the IVA from the KV3 Spherical Pod thingy.

Link to Dropbox file

These are all just .cfg files, so the folder SOYUZ_EXTRAS can be placed anywhere in your game data folder

@VoidCosmos
I'm not sure if there is a Github repository for your mod but please let me know if you'd like me to submit a PR 

On 4/23/2022 at 11:26 AM, TheDicko said:

Anyone got a craft file? Just built my own and im only getting 7200 delta v , think the soyuz needs around 10,000

Hey! Uhm, I have a craft file which works pretty well but I am unable to send it as I’m writing this. Nevertheless, for the deltaV problem I’d recommend installing this amazing person’s configs in the meantime. If it doesn’t work, I’ll send you my craft tho I have to warn you that for the upper stages I’m using ROEngines. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.