Kal-100

Le Lynx

• 2 months later...

Does anybody know if KAL-100 can support multiple actions with robotics parts? Or do I need individual KAL for each action? Say, I have a robotic arm and want to perform 2 actions, first to grab some part, second move it to other place. Any idea anybody?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 9:14 AM, elGremlin said:

Does anybody know if KAL-100 can support multiple actions with robotics parts? Or do I need individual KAL for each action? Say, I have a robotic arm and want to perform 2 actions, first to grab some part, second move it to other place. Any idea anybody?

You can control multiple parts using one KAL-1000 controller. 

P.S. Its KAL-1000

On 1/8/2021 at 1:24 PM, Le Lynx said:

I need a Kal-100 tutorial. Someone help me?

I found this: 

Is this what you're looking for?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 3:29 AM, ZinkBot said:

You can control multiple parts using one KAL-1000 controller. 

P.S. Its KAL-1000

I found this: 

Is this what you're looking for?

Thank you for replying. No that is not what I'm looking for. It's a bit difficult to explain. I know how to setup KAL and make it working, how to create sequence. What I want to know is if you can have 2 different sequences configured in one KAL? Say, you have a Shuttle w. robotic arm. You create in KAL sequence (movement of the arm) to move to the position to grab cargo from Shuttle's bay. Let's call this Sequence 1. So in Sequence 1 robotic arm moves from resting position to the attachment point (where arm "clicks" with cargo) installed on the cargo you want to deliver to ISS. Now, as robotic arm is hooked to cargo in Shuttle bay, you want to move this cargo to the docking port on the ISS (say you want to lift logistics module from Shuttle's cargo bay and attach it to the Node 1's attachment port on ISS). For this movement you can pre-program Sequence 2 while you are in VAB. Here comes my point. can one KAL have pre-programmed 2 sequences? So, far I don't think so. To solve this you need to have two different KALs attached to Shuttle - one for Sequence 1 and second for Sequence 2. Say two sequences are OK you can install two KALs, but what about 4, 5? Do you see my point? I think functionality where you can pre-program more than one sequence in KAL and then choose which one to play would be good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.