Idea for a mod, but not sure how possible it is.

LadyAthena

I'm probably way over my head on this mod, seeing as how I don't even know how to code or anything, but.. I don't even know its if its possible. So anyone who does know how to mod, please let me know.

Basically, I want to make a new tech mod, with tech parts, based off of theories of how alien ships actually work. (You know, the flying saucers). I'm a bit of a UFO nut, and one of the theories is that the hull of the flying saucer itself is the engine, so to speak. Hence why they seem to be able to zig zag in any direction immediately, and seem to have no actual engines. The hull of the ship is drawing energy and redirecting it from the earths energy fields itself. Which we now know do exist. The farther away you get from these energy sources, and ley lines, the weaker the thrust, and ship is. This also plays into the theory of the "mother ships". They draw substantial power from suns themselves, (we have seen this theory in sci movies everywhere, fuel scoops, etc.) The flying saucers are basically the scout ships to observe and scout planets with no fuel costs.

And that's where my mod idea comes from.

------------------------

Part 1: Opening the Tech.

So I want the tech to be "hidden" so to speak. You know it's there, etc, but it doesn't become actually research able until you find something , and that something is a crashed UFO on a random planet or moon in the kerbol system.

Once you hit mid way into the tech tree (Based on how many tech nodes you've researched, based off of which tech tree you have installed), will open a special contract stating you've received an odd signal from a planet or moon. (I want it to be randomized each time). The location specifically on said planet isn't mentioned. You can use either stuff from mods such as SCANsat, or just a good old fashioned low orbit eyeball scan to find the anomoly, and crashed UFO. This will unlock the start of the tech tree nodes for it, once you activate the UFO.

Part 2: Research.

At this point you're researching this strange new tech. The initial tech for it is of course, weak and far inferior to the actual tech itself, since its the first initial reverse engineered segments of it.

You'll get a weak engine for a plane which has no fuel cost, but loses power at altitudes higher than 15,000m, and is pretty weak over all.

As you go up in the tech nodes, you'll get more and more powerful engine types of various kinds. Some engines will work much like the UFO, where they can be installed in the center of your plane/ship vehicle and allow it to move in all directions equally, or more plane style engines, all of these engines will functions around certain planets and moons, especially if they have atmospheres. (Certain moons, etc. you cannot use it around ever, as they have zero actual energy fields).

"Fuel Scoops" which get stronger and larger the higher you go up in the nodes, where essentially the closer you are to the sun, the more effective the fuel scoop is. (Due to how KSP plays out, it wouldn't require you to be super close to the sun or anything.

I was also thinking of adding some tech which would greatly minimize, or even remove G forces entirely. (Again simulating the fast zig/zag that's iconic for UFO's).

-----------

Not sure how possible this is though?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.