"Mirror" A KSP Cinematic Movie (+1 hour)

Oraldo revak

22 hours ago, Commander Zoom said:

Finally saw this thread.  Great movie, a grand concept and an intriguing problem... and just a few (forgivable) plot holes, IMO:

Hide contents

they should still receive any automatic transmissions, beacons, etc; in fact, as soon as they emerge from the wormhole they should be receiving transmissions that were en-route when the system was "copied", and continue to do so until at least the moment of transition (duplication) plus the light lag from Kerbin to Jool.

also, I get why this is probably impractical to show, but shouldn't the bodies back on Kerbin start to decay during the six month journey?  don't tell me bacteria have souls too... or was Bob slightly wrong on the details, and is all animate matter, even very simple organisms, rendered inert?  (getting down to the fine and blurry border of what constitutes "life"...)  Even without decomposition, those bodies are gonna fall over and dry out, etc.

actual spoiler for later:

Hide contents

When they first (literally) launched their matter duplication scheme, I admired the cleverness but was also thinking "oh, I'm sure

that will have no bad consequences or side-effects whatsoever." </sarcasm>  And sure enough...  :P   Spacetime isn't a toy, and you can't just go creating matter out of nothing without it showing up in the balance sheets somewhere.

Thank you. Well I get your point, so I got few answers.

Well first if the knew from the first launches that the Mirror was leading to the copie of the world... Well there would have been no movie. So you know, as it a "science-fiction" the goal is not to make it "realistic" otherwise if it was, well, wormhole are existing in theory only and even if they would, it would so be so tiny that nothing could go through it. 

But I get the point of trying to make thing plausible, even by creating unreal physics.

The idea was that, the data gathered from the returned probe were seem false and corrupted by the results they found.

For the body decade, well yes obviously, I couldn't use decomposed Kerbal body, but I wouldn't done it even if I could. I admit that I didn't thoughts about that, but even if I had... I would have just let it as it is. As I say, I'm never intended to do something realistic.

And for the last part, yes it had consequences and side effect, that's what explained "Gerry" the "Henry" grand son on the recorded message. That anomalies started to appears, like the mass is increasing (that's why the Kerbol sun collapsed and became a black hole) and that's it's probably due to the wormhole or the fact that they overused thoses infinite duplication.

I do appreciate your critisicms they are very good and make sense, but I precise again, that I wasn't targeting for something realistic, and that I am 100% alone on this, so I can't think of every single things, and even if I do, i have to let them "unsolve", because trying to give a reason to everything on a impossible story IRL, well it would have no movie at all. 

Thank you. 

Ps: Also, it can be very tricky to explain or give a reason and explain it in the video. Like the character can't guess everything perfectly as if they were the writers. It's hard to find how to bring some answers that's supposed to come from the characters. For example I wanted to explain that the black hole apparition was really recent, and that was the reason why Jool wasn't sucked by the black hole already... but I just could find a way to explain it. I can't pause the film and writte a message to explain...

Those video are not perfect, I know it, in my opinion, perfection is unreachable, specially when you are alone with your own resources and knowledge. I'm not an astrophysicist or a biologist lol.

But thank you for watched and take the time to give your thoughts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.