Launching a 44t payload

Ok, ok. It had been some time until I uploaded it, guess I do have another one coming very soon i guess. But the problem here is tech tree. I need to launch a 44t payload into LKO and dock it with my space station (cuz it is the second segment). I placed it inside a 1.875m fairing (I want to use a 2.5m one but it is too advanced so I need to expand the 1.875m one). But the payload still works. I placed it in my super heavy launch rocket - The resilient 1b. It's used to be one of the most expensive and the heaviest in my fleet, costing over 200000 in funds. Contains a fairing which just fits, a transfer stage (second stage), transfer booster stage (That's how I call it, boosters beside the second stage), first stage, and side boosters. Everything was good at first, the first boosters started to jettison around 20 seconds into the flight and fell back to KSC harmlessly, around 30 seconds later, the second set of boosters fell back. Around 90 seconds into the flight, the last set of boosters jettisoned. The main rocket is still having a TWR of 1.1. But that's where the problem came in, my rocket is already facing at something like 70 degrees. The time to AP started to decrease. In the end, it started to fall straight back down despite having all 5 main engines firing. Then it crashed. All 200000 funds was gone. Money wasn't a problem for now, as I have around 8000000, but i'll need a successful rocket, if not after 40 missions my money would be burned up. Any help?

Perhaps pictures can help :)

O10YmH4.pnglfYN3gN.png

I had a new rocket, the Resilient 1C-A, a smaller variant of the upcoming rocket Resilient 1C. But that thing literally costs 500000, so i don't wanna fly it.

P.S. most of my money was burned so i only have 6789982 in funds

Try reducing the trust of your boosters so that they burn longer.  When they separate you will have burned more fuel from the core. I do not know your deltaV requirements but you could also try reducing a bit of fuel in your core booster just for a bit of extra umpf. 

3 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

Try reducing the trust of your boosters so that they burn longer.  When they separate you will have burned more fuel from the core. I do not know your deltaV requirements but you could also try reducing a bit of fuel in your core booster just for a bit of extra umpf. 

i tried that a lot of times it just won't work now it is in its maximum

and also when they seperate the core is still full

Just now, Anonymous49 said:

thats how it is

i wanted a good twr and instead i had a high delta v

You cannot have high twr and high delta v. It's physically impossible. You are not only lifting 44t to lko but probably around 100 of fuel you do not need. 

11 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

You cannot have high twr and high delta v. It's physically impossible. You are not only lifting 44t to lko but probably around 100 of fuel you do not need. 

This is not really true. You can have high deltaV and high twr. What I mean is that you cannot just keep adding fuel. Your goal should be really light upper stages with loads of deltaV with big fat boosters as first stages. 

Just now, Anonymous49 said:

it's only 2 stages

now the twr is something like 3.5 at liftoff, thanks

I recommend you look into making that rocket more efficient. Your design could probably get that payload to duna with minor tweaking. 

it would face downwards for some reason

Just now, dave1904 said:

This is not really true. You can have high deltaV and high twr. What I mean is that you cannot just keep adding fuel. Your goal should be really light upper stages with loads of deltaV with big fat boosters as first stages. 

I recommend you look into making that rocket more efficient. Your design could probably get that payload to duna with minor tweaking. 

IT'S 44 TONNES MAN

23 SKIPpeR ENGineS

there is a problem with the transfer stage

so i removed the transfer boosters

and the transfer fairing

there is no way i am going to duna with this. Haven't even successfully land on the mun

the payload will just rip out the fairing and tip the transfer stage, what is the problem

3 minutes ago, Anonymous49 said:

it would face downwards for some reason

IT'S 44 TONNES MAN

You might have reduced to much fuel from the upper stages so that your rocket is unstable. To much mass at the bottom and a massive fairing likes flipping around. Just tweak the fuel load until it flies properly.  You could also add fins but would need big ones for a rocket that size. Just use trial and error. 

wait my ksp just crashed

Just now, dave1904 said:

You might have reduced to much fuel from the upper stages so that your rocket is unstable. To much mass at the bottom and a massive fairing likes flipping around. Just tweak the fuel load until it flies properly.  You could also add fins but would need big ones for a rocket that size. Just use trial and error. 

are 4 AV-R8 winglets ok?

2 hours ago, Anonymous49 said:

Around 90 seconds into the flight, the last set of boosters jettisoned. The main rocket is still having a TWR of 1.1. But that's where the problem came in, my rocket is already facing at something like 70 degrees. The time to AP started to decrease. In the end, it started to fall straight back down despite having all 5 main engines firing.

Sounds like you did fine up until here. Make sure you're using the navball to burn in the right direction. Generally speaking, you want to keep the prograde marker at or above the horizon, so aim your rocket above the horizon if you start falling.

If you're having control issues in space, consider using one of the following to allow you to steer: engines with gimbal, reaction wheels, or Vernor engines with RCS turned on.

Fins will only help inside the atmosphere. Use them if you're tipping over before 20000m. When you do, use a lot of them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.