Nightmare of PAWS

Demcrew

Hello everyone,

I am sure that most of you have suffered somewhat tiring setbacks when editing your vessels in the VAB.

Generally speaking, two main actions are performed in the VAB/SPH:

1. the placement (and moving) of parts...
  2. the configuration of the parts...

For the latter, PAWS is a feature that is used systematically, almost every second.
But when the gigantic PAW occurs, then another one, then another one...
It's just... tiring...

I urge you, relentless modders, either to get inspired by the PAWS addon and adjust it, or to create a standalone, with the following functionality : Collapsable items (collapsed by default).
It could take the form of a plugin that other modders could add?

Honestly, it's just nasty sometimes :(

collapsable-item-5822a82.png

Edited by Demcrew

29 minutes ago, Demcrew said:

@goldenpsp I don't have any knowledge  on coding unfortunately, otherwise you would have seen it already advertised :)

noob-girl.gif

So do you think that all modders started with knowledge on coding.  There are plenty of very successful modders who just decided "don't" and "can't" are 4 letter words and learned.

Here you have an advantage that there is a mod that does some of what you want.  so there's existing code you can study and learn to modify.

The bottom line, it's generally not going to be the case that there are modders sitting around wishing they could make a mod in their free time if only someone would give them an idea.

Thank you for the lesson @goldenpsp

I understand this is creating some issues between the community and the modders population.

What if someone picks this one and do something... the following day this section will be an gigantic "mod request area".

This now closing this topic. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

41 minutes ago, Demcrew said:

Thank you for the lesson @goldenpsp

I understand this is creating some issues between the community and the modders population.

What if someone picks this one and do something... the following day this section will be an gigantic "mod request area".

This now closing this topic. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Umm, no you completely misunderstood what I was sayin.g.

It is perfectly fine to post a mod request.  People do it all the time.  The point however is that it is very rare that there is a modder out there bored and wanting to just pick up someone else's idea.  It has happened, but not much.  

Most people become modders because they have some idea or feature they wish was in the game and it motivates them enough to learn modding and create it.

1 hour ago, Demcrew said:

Thank you.

I totally get your point, really.

I started to read some how tos... maybe I'll come back with something...

Hope this would be before the next release.

You could also throw it out as a feature request in the paw thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.