Save game altered UT + removed ships?

So, I loaded up my career save for the first time in a little under a month today, and the kraken struck. UT was reset from Y1D184 to Y1D1, and all ships and that weren't landed (along with asteroids) were deleted, and their crews were listed as "lost" (although debris was unaffected). The persistent quicksave was labeled in the "load save" menu as having all the ships and the right time, but when I tried to load it it just brought me back to Y1D1. The only other quicksave caused me to be trapped in a glitchy void reminiscent of the old "Hell Kraken" bug.

Image preview

Above: the reset space center.

Image preview

Above: the strange, glitchy screen I got upon loading my only quicksave besides "persistent". Note the glitchy navball and UT.

Above: Video of the persistent quicksave failing to properly load. Please excuse the poor video quality, I don't have any good screen-recording software. The other quicksaves are 2 copies of the latest backup persistent file (neither worked), and a quicksave from a previous mission, which resulted in the above glitchy screen.

So, yeah. Any advice?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.