PS5 daily crashes.

Welcome to the forums @Jeffray!

I don’t know what caused this, but I have a few ideas.

1. Are you on the latest version of the game(Version 1.0.1.11) and your console?

To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. Although this game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may be absent. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.”

And yes, the latest version of the game has caused more crashes than usual.

2. Is your game having to load more vessels with higher part counts?

Edited by Wizard Kerbal

On 4/22/2021 at 3:29 PM, Wizard Kerbal said:

Welcome to the forums @Jeffray!

I don’t know what caused this, but I have a few ideas.

1. Are you on the latest version of the game(Version 1.0.1.11) and your console?

To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. Although this game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may be absent. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.”

And yes, the latest version of the game has caused more crashes than usual.

2. Is your game having to load more vessels with higher part counts?

Its updated and i usually keep part counts below 200. I also noticed some severe framerate drops in map mode that can crash the game, that go away if you delete the manuver node, if present. But i dont understand why the graphics are worse than PS4. Its kinda why i bought the PS5 and a real big let down. I was hoping for equal or better graphics and less crashes but that is not the case. Is the PS5 update an older one than PC and other consoles? And thanks for replying.

The good news is that your console is fine, nothing wrong with it.  The bad news is that it is a game design problem. It works smoother on ps5 than on PS4 but unfortunately the game design itself is bad. I guess if you watch Matt Lowne's recent play on PS4, he gets a blue crash screen less than an hour into the game. It is very telling. There are frequent crashes on both consoles now. And sometimes the saves get corrupted to the point where they won't load anymore. The game has been really poor and poorly supported. You can get a refund from Sony , but I'd prefer a stable game. 

On 4/26/2021 at 12:25 PM, MZ_per_X1 said:

The good news is that your console is fine, nothing wrong with it.  The bad news is that it is a game design problem. It works smoother on ps5 than on PS4 but unfortunately the game design itself is bad. I guess if you watch Matt Lowne's recent play on PS4, he gets a blue crash screen less than an hour into the game. It is very telling. There are frequent crashes on both consoles now. And sometimes the saves get corrupted to the point where they won't load anymore. The game has been really poor and poorly supported. You can get a refund from Sony , but I'd prefer a stable game. 

I guess ill have to. I lost another save file after only reaching the mun so whats the point. PC developers have a habit of selling poorly ported products then neglecting thier console ports, then have the stupid idea of thinking anyone wants to pre order thier sequels lol. Thats too bad this game looked like it had potential.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.