Question about VAB/SPH vessel spawn limitations...

I have a craft gizmo'd 2.5k from the SPH. This craft is blocking SPH spawning. I also have a craft gizmo'd about 250m down the crawlerway, which spawn happily next to a vessel *on* the crawlerway. The VAB however thinks this is on the pad, now, and is blocking launch.

This is all working as KSP intended, but as a degenerate who spends too much time playing too realistically I've blockaded myself from spawn, lol. I have had no issues in the past spawning multiple infrastructure into the scene near the VAB/SPH, but for some reason stationary base type objects block spawn? Or something...

So my question: does anyone have more detailed info on just what is required to happen to make the VAB/SPH understand that it is in fact clear to spawn? Obviously if a craft is directly on the pad, makes sense. I have gizmo'd into other spawned vessels, which tells me it isn't checking the way I think it is. Please advise. :)

edit: I tried going into the save file and setting those crafts to landed instead of prelaunch-- no change.

Edited by ElonsMusk
more troubleshooting

Adding a response because I've made some progress after a duh-moment. Crafts seem to have a state and a general where-it-is line. For example if you launch a booster but land it directly on the pad, it goes from PRELAUNCH at KSC_LAUNCHPAD to LANDED at KSC_LAUNCHPAD. The trick, I think, is to change the vessels' states to LANDED, but also ensure they are not at RUNWAY or KSC_LAUNCHPAD. Once I realized this it's obvious, but if anyone has more details it is welcome! For now I've solved my problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.