Smashed a 1.3 ton spent stage on the other side of the Moon and also next to the seismic sensor, why am I getting only a tiny bit of data??? Playing RSS without RO/RP-1

I'm playing RSS without RO or RP-1. I have a contract where I need to collect 50% of the surface deployed seismic sensor so I smashed a 1.3 ton spent stage both on the other side of the Moon and also 50 meters next to the sensor at ~460-500 m/s, but I'm only getting a tiny bit of data (1E-29 and 1E-32 to be exact). What's going on, and how do I fix this? See the following reddit post for images.

Not enough information to say, but AFAIK, RSS doesn't actually change science rates or multipliers. What other mods do you have? 

Also, what exactly did the message say about the science returned? There might be a clue there as to what was driving your science return so low. 

Edit: Oops, didn't click the Reddit. 

Ok, 50m is way too close. You weren't going to get anything for that anyway.  I think the real issue is the mass. 1.3 tons is probably just not enough to amount to anything. Distance is also an issue; there's a sweet spot between point blank and the other side of the planet where you get 100% .

Edited by Starwaster

Try smashing something that has ten or twenty times as much mass. If I remember right I had the same problem, but in a stock game, and it was solved by smashing something much bigger than one or two tons into the surface pretty close to the sensor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.