scanning planet surfaces in ksp 2.

basically could we have more parts that scan and map out the surfaces of planets in ksp 2? i think it would fit in really well with colonies and maybe if the devs add more realistic science system.  Basically you would first have to discover the star system with a telescope. then find the planets existance probably ith the same telescope. then send a sattelite to find what orbits the planets have and some information about them. then a scaning sattelite to that specific planet to map it out to find a safe landing spot. (this will probably need teh devs to make landing riskier and make the terain rougher to make it worth scaning and not save cost by not scanning and just landing). then you would need to scan fr recources so you can find a safe place to land with recources so you can build a colony there.

this might seem a bit to complicated and landig somewhere would take much longer but that is kind of the point. it also adds more variations since there are many ways to do this. you can risk it and send a big ship with all types of scanners or you could send rovers to map the surface or you could do each step individually or you could send a ship that drops a simple sattelite in orbit around multiple planets with the same rocket.

scanning would probably not be nececary for moons since they dont have an atmosphere. you could just drop a rover there to scan for recources or just send a satelite to scan for recources directly. this makes it so you have good progression since you ont need to send a big mission the first thing you do when you build your first colony(wich is probably on a moon).

this could probably also be simplified with difficulty settings.

This is sort of the same premise as scansat, which I just recently was able to try and I agree, having mapping tools would be amazing. I especially hope they keep the height ranges for different scanners so that you need more than one orbit to scan things properly, as well as the map that fills out under the path of the satellite so that you can choose your inclination to not get redundant data or to speed up data collection along certain latitudes.