Early Game Tech Tree Questions

TruffleSpy

Hi Everyone, this question is mostly directed to the developers of KSP2 but all are free to ponder and respond to my question.

I’ve heard that in KSP2 the tech tree will be expanding a whole lot into interstellar technologies, although I haven’t heard anything on the early game tech tree (or what KSP1 tech  tree has already implemented). Will have any changes to it? I love seeing diversity in parts and how cool rockets and specifically landers can look but currently there are only 2 landing modules (alternatively lander cans) in the  base KSP1 tech tree. I feel like this is too little even with the additional landing module in the Breaking Grounds expansion. Additionally there are only 6ish normal Command Modules in the KSP1 tech tree, I feel like this too little with the scale of KSP2. Will there be more part diversity especially with modules in KSP2 and just in general with early game tech tree parts?

I understand if the question still can’t be answered if the game developers feel like answering a question like this might be too revealing before launch.  Needless to say, I’m still really excited for Kerbal Space Program 2. The developers of the game are some of the best most active developers, especially Nate Simpson who is such a good person to be representing Kerbal Space Program 2.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

- the spy

Edited by TruffleSpy