Rutabaga's Adventures from the KSC!

Rutabaga22

1: K-22

Jeb tapped on the control panel of the new K-22 lifting body craft, waiting for the boring pre-launch checks to wrap up. How much more of this do I have to sit through? He thought, tracing the KSC with his fingers on the canopy.  He then received something over his radio. It buzzed to life as gene's voice began  " Jeb, you are go for launch in-"

Jeb fired up the engines as Gene piped up over the radio "Jeb! Shut those down right now, or you won't be flying until the build the KSC 2!" Jeb slammed his fist on the side of the cockpit as he bounced and wobbled across the runway. Mission control was in a scramble, wondering what to do as the rouge pilot bounced across the pad. 

Jeb was informed by gene that if he did not stop the mission he would be shot down. Jeb didn't care. He just continued flying with his classic grin plastered on his face as he flew off the edge of the runway. The aircraft jerked up as he gave input to the control surfaces. Bullets sped past his canopy as his KAF training kicked in. He expertly evaded the ground based weaponry. Jeb's voice crackled through the speakers in mission control, he screamed with fury "Stop with the [Redacted] bullets, you mission control [Redacted]s!"

Everybody in Mission Control was shocked at Jeb's violent flurry of curses over the radio. Jeb was heading towards they ground and gene's voice crackled over the radio "Jeb land that [Redacted] plane or I will shoot you down myself!" The furious scream shook Jeb's craft and he let out a little scream.

Jeb looked up and saw Gene circling above with the Phoenix fighter jet, Jeb didn't want to, but he began landing. He didn't want them to have the K-22 though, he had an idea, he would crash it and bail last minute.  So, he nosed down, activated the jet engine and sped toward the ground. He opened the landing gear, butthey just made a loud Krchnk and the motors continued spinning, making a rhythmic clicking  sound. The craft hit the ground, bounced, and Jeb hopped out of the cockpit, but his parachute didn't deploy, his backup broke, and SPLAT Jeb smeared across the ground, leaving a green stain near the KSC. Gene radioed back to mission control "He might take a while to put back together...."

Spoiler

This was my first time writing something like this in a while, please give feedback!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.