Trying to add B9 upgrade to Tech Node, need some help

I'm currently messing around with adding compatibility for KerBalloons to the Skyhawk Science System (for personal use) and I can't quite seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. All the parts show up where they are suppose to, just fine, but the upgrades for the balloons just aren't working. Example:

@PART[universalBalloonHP]:AFTER[KerBalloons] //
{
	@TechRequired = start

}

@PARTUPGRADE[BalloonSize0]:AFTER[KerBalloons] //
{
	@TechRequired = start

}

The code above seems to work fine. Both the base part and the Size 0 "upgrade" appear in the starting node.  But neither of these...

@PARTUPGRADE[BalloonSize1]:AFTER[KerBalloons] //
{
	@TechRequired = construction1

}

@PART[universalBalloonHP]:AFTER[KerBalloons] //
{
	%MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	{
    	%SUBTYPE[Size1]
    	{
     		%TechRequired = construction1
    	}
	}
}

... seem to do anything, leaving them out of the renamed "engineering101" node that Skyhawk's mod uses for compatibilty. I've looked around for a possible solution as best I can, but I can't seem to find anything in the B9 Part Switch or MM documentation, and the forums are a bit blank. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by ArtemisIV
forgot to tag, sorry about that

• 2 weeks later...

I may have missed it but a quick look at Skyhawk Kerbalism - the only Skyhawk I could find - and I didn't see any tech tree changes (may just have missed it). If this is right there is no construction1 in the stock tech tree but there is a generalConstruction. If you do have a tech tree mod installed I would double check the name and exact capitalization of the name. You can check ModuleManager.ConfigCache in the game directory where the MM dll is and you can see what your patch actually did.

Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.