General advice: Do NOT buy KSP2 through Steam or Epic, buy it DRM-free from the PD store

Entropian

Pretty much stated in the title.  Buying KSP2 directly from the Private Division store (currently) bypasses all the infuriating DRM content that Steam and Epic seem to have in their installs.  Given the experiences people have been having with the KSP1 PD launcher, I expect KSP2 to be annoyingly difficult to separate out from the Steam and Epic control mechanisms, especially when modding comes around.  So yeah, if you want to be sure of an easy experience with mods later on, avoid Steam and Epic.  Get it directly from PD.

Here's the link to KSP2 on the PD store for those interested: https://store.privatedivision.com/game/kerbal-space-program-2

Please note that I am not saying that you should not buy KSP2, I'm just saying that if you do want to buy it, get it through the PD store.

Just now, Kubas_inko said:

You can consider it DRM free even from steam and epic, as the game does not check anything and just runs (I moved it to a different PC after buying it on steam and it launched)

I thought that the PD launcher made it such that you couldn't take it out of normal files.  If what you're saying is the case, then I retract my statement in the OP.

4 minutes ago, Entropian said:

I thought that the PD launcher made it such that you couldn't take it out of normal files.  If what you're saying is the case, then I retract my statement in the OP.

Best to try and copy / move it to another folder and see if the game works. If it does, maybe it's nice to change the title and the OP, as to not confuse or induce panic.

Just now, Vl3d said:

Best to try and copy / move it to another folder and see if the game works.

I didn't get it from Steam or Epic, so I'm not able to do this.  If someone else does and finds that it works then I'll certainly change the title and OP, if not ask the mods to delete this thread entirely so as to not promote incorrect information.

33 minutes ago, Entropian said:

It works 100% .The game appeared on a ,,certain,, website 2 minutes after launch.I bought the game,but some of my friends didn't,that's all i'm gonna say.With or without DRM,it is inevitable

Edited by BobbyDausus

I got it from Steam.

I just closed Steam and then ran "KSP2_x64.exe" directly from the game folder. It ran. It didn't auto launch Steam. I have not moved KSP2 out of the steamapps folder, but it looks like that would work OK. Maybe.

3 hours ago, Entropian said:

I didn't get it from Steam or Epic, so I'm not able to do this.  If someone else does and finds that it works then I'll certainly change the title and OP, if not ask the mods to delete this thread entirely so as to not promote incorrect information.

moved my install and just launched the x64exe and it ran fine ! my daughter also downloaded it on my second computer, and was playing it online while i was offline