[Suggestion] A way to keep User Data / Save Data in the game directory.

This is a pretty simple one. Give me a way to tell KSP2 to "stay in its lane" and keep its save data in the game's install folder, where it (at least in my personal opinion) belongs.

I have 1 save game, with just a couple dozen vehicle (attempts, with little success due to bugs) and I have nearly 250MB of data in my %appdata% now. I can easily see this growing since the breakdown so far is about 50% crash data, and 50% game saves a 1 vehicle workspace is about 4MB of JSON data and a save file seems to contain a primary file between a couple KB and 6ish MB and then a set of four autosaves at 4MB  each for a total of about 25MB of save data for a game with no active missions and just some junk I cant delete so I expect this to significantly grow in size with active missions, as it appears to be keeping the entire vehicle hierarchy in the main save in addition to any individual workspace files. (I'll update this if I manage to get multiple things into space and save without crashing so I can tell if the file size increases correspondingly)

Crash data for this game is at a little over 3MB per crash, and the KSP crash reporting currently has 39 crash report files. Which feels pretty close to the number of times the game has crashed to desktop on me. So I expect this folder is just growing without any limit, which I have no issue with in normal circumstances, but given how many crashes I have in 27hrs, thats less than 1hr per crash, this will likely grow to a significant size and cause issues with my main user "windows" drive.

My C drive is not my biggest drive, never has been, its often my smallest. Ive got media files on HDDs, project and asset file asset dirs on larger SSDs I can easily drop into a new machine if anything happens to this one, and a more expensive M2 PCIe NVME drive for the stuff that needs high IO like my development environments so the compiler can pull all the small files together, etc... and spread out across all of these are steam libraries with the location chosen based on how I feel... tiny 30MB game, chuck them all on the spinning rust, they arent big enough i care, large game I rarely play and dont mind the load time, sure HDD again, game I like and want to be able to open quickly, maybe on the SSD, game I want to load as fast as possible or hate any interruption while playing, maybe that gets a place on the expensive high IO NVME... I gave KSP2 a spot on that NVME drive, but it seems to want to put its data on my slower windows drive... and fill it up with crash reports. This is silly. 

1. I dont want yet more junk in %appdata% 
  2. If I delete KSP2, I want to delete KSP2, that means all the data gone, not taking up extra space somewhere else. 
  3. Having a hard coded one true directory where every version of KSP2 puts save files, feels like it will cause issues with conflicting files between different versions of KSP2 once we have updates and start having to deal with things like Mod compatibility between versions of KSP2
  4. Early access = lots of bugs, lots of bugs means lots of crash reports, lots of crash reports mean filling up my windows drive, don't fill up my windows drive. %appdata% isn't %tmp% (not that windows is particularly good at keeping %tmp% clean) don't fill it up.

Just give me a place in the global config or something like that, where I can say "data files live in the game directory"... or better yet, make that the default behavior, because the current one doesn't make sense for a game that expects to have a modding community in the future. The current default will either need workarounds to avoid conflicting save file versions between multiple copies of KSP, or its going to cause problems... or a different save directory can just avoid the issue entirely. 

Edited by TechDragon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.