Satellites loose SAS every time i reload the game.

oveck4

Every time i load my game, the satellites i have in Kerbin orbit loose SAS. They have antennae fitted. They have solar pannels, which supply enough power to the battery and the other systems. I have to jump in to the tracking centre to turn it back on and turn on the orientation so they face antenna to the surface of the planet. Is this a known issue? I can do a recording of this if required. I am including the link to a screenshot of the sat as could not ad through the insert function. It is a test comm sat. I have several in orbit at different trajectories.

imgur.com/a/zhF92Mz

Edited by oveck4
ellaboration

Yup same thing.  Very annoying, because I launched a probe to go to Duna, went into orbit kerbin and my timer warp is locked only half way.  So really don't have fast time warp.  So I got annoyed and shut off game.

Just started up and now I still have time warp issue + my SAS is dead.

I'm going to take a guess and say that the save file for the Remote Part is not saving the Module information correctly for them in the save file.  Most likely missing the SAS Module information.  So when you load the game save your part is not loading the SAS data it needs.

Edited by malkuth

You don't need to edit the file.. I feel like a dumb dumb.. Press T.

They have a SAS on/off key.... And its defaulting to off when loading.  Which is what the Autopilot true false is...

Gah.

19 hours ago, malkuth said:

You don't need to edit the file.. I feel like a dumb dumb.. Press T.

They have a SAS on/off key.... And its defaulting to off when loading.  Which is what the Autopilot true false is...

Gah.

The issue with the defaulting to off for me is.  To want the SAS on the sats to be loaded with the save file as there is a reason why i enabled it as i don't want to micromanage all my sats every time I load and manually correct the issue. I have a simillar setup with 12 sats in KSP 1 and did not have the issue. Just reloaded one of my old saves in KSP 1. It loaded the sats with RCS and SAS on. So not sure how can i get it to stick? As i don't want to launch more sats just to switch between them every time when i load the game and turn them manually on. I am assuming it is a part of the basic functionality and not of QoL part of the game. I did not try to look in to the save files. I am not that savy and don't really want to mess with them at this point. I hope it will be adressed eventually.