Maneuver Node Projected orbit always show crashing into planet regardless of amount or direction of burn.

Hi I am having an issue with KSP 2. When trying to use Maneuver nodes, The orbit lines always show crashing into the planet of Kerbin. This is incorrect as I can use the engines to raise my altitude in a vacuum by doing the maneuver without the node.  I am using ion engines to get to Jool and am already in orbit around Kerbin. and am fully out of atmo. Without being able to see my trajectory with nodes I have no idea how to get to Jool. What is going on and how do you fix? 

The problem seems to be that the maneuver calculation is done by assuming 100% of Delta-V will be in a single direction, ignoring the fact that "prograde" means something different at all but one point during the burn.

I just noticed that with my first Xenon engine satellite -- attempting to raise a low orbit, combined with the very long burn time, means the calculator thinks I'm going retrograde by the time I'm half way around the orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.